Drive Letter -> Windows Disk - Storage

This is a discussion on Drive Letter -> Windows Disk - Storage ; I need to know, how windows Host maintains the drive-letters persistent for the right windows volumes across reboots. Where does the host pick up this Drive Letter->physical disk information map ? Hari....

  1. Drive Letter -> Windows Disk

    I need to know, how windows Host maintains the drive-letters persistent for
    the right windows volumes across reboots.

    Where does the host pick up this Drive Letter->physical disk information map
    ?

    Hari.

  2. Re: Drive Letter -> Windows Disk

    Hello All -

    I'll put my question this way. I know that, I can probably execute a WMI
    Query to figure that out. I'm yet to try this though.

    Are there any other ways ?

    Thanks,
    H.

    "Hari S." wrote in message
    > I need to know, how windows Host maintains the drive-letters persistent

    for
    > the right windows volumes across reboots.
    >
    > Where does the host pick up this Drive Letter->physical disk information

    map
    > ?
    >
    > Hari.

  3. Re: Drive Letter -> Windows Disk

    Any SDK APIs or VDS(for Disk Provider objects) APIs, that can verify the
    physical information against the Drive letter, etc.

    -Hari

    "Hari S." wrote in message
    > I need to know, how windows Host maintains the drive-letters persistent

    for
    > the right windows volumes across reboots.
    >
    > Where does the host pick up this Drive Letter->physical disk information

    map
    > ?
    >
    > Hari.

+ Reply to Thread