The problem is that the symptom is very generic (slow access) and can be
caused by lots and lots of things (name resolution, delays in
authentication, network issues, AV software locking, etc., etc.). The KB
referenced really only applies if the Server is under remarkable stress.

Does the issue only occur the first time the user opens a file? Does the
second open occur much faster?

Does the issue only occur for Office docs? What about a .txt file?

What is the CPU on the server doing at the time of the file opens? Is is
maxed out?

Pat