It should work... that said, the answer is simple. Make a backup tha verify
that the data is secure before runing the conversion.

jh

"Mickey" wrote in message
> I read the instructions in knowledge base article - 307881. I worry about

loosing files on my external FAT32 drive (Maxtor 80G 3000DV) when I convert
to NTFS. Unknown to me, when I upgraded my computer from 98 to XP, I did
not know the formatting differences for my external storage device. So,
once my external hard drive approached 30G of files, XP no longer can
recognize those files. If I convert the drive from FAT32 to NTFS, will I be
able to access the existing 30G of data?