Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (Driver Question). - Storage

This is a discussion on Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (Driver Question). - Storage ; The Microsoft Driver, Windows XP pro, I'm using won't seem to work very well with my Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (the unit can't recognize a DVD disc, although it can recognize a CD). Does anyone know of a better driver ...

  1. Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (Driver Question).

    The Microsoft Driver, Windows XP pro, I'm using won't seem to work very well
    with my Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (the unit can't recognize a DVD disc,
    although it can recognize a CD). Does anyone know of a better driver for
    this unit, or a solution to the problem? Thanks.

    --
    http://folding.stanford.edu

  2. Re: Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (Driver Question).

    XP won't natively write to a DVD (it will use the unit as a CD-Burner). You
    have to use the software that came with the burner (there should be a disk
    of DVD utilities that came with the drive). However, it should be
    recognizing DVDs (i.e. you should be able to pop in a DVD and have a player
    play the movie).

    Pat

    "Adam A. Wanderer" wrote in message
    news:M7Wtc.14594$Tn6.9621@newsread1.news.pas.earth link.net...
    > The Microsoft Driver, Windows XP pro, I'm using won't seem to work very

    well
    > with my Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (the unit can't recognize a DVD disc,
    > although it can recognize a CD). Does anyone know of a better driver for
    > this unit, or a solution to the problem? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > http://folding.stanford.edu

  3. Re: Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (Driver Question).

    here's a link to the latest patches
    http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/qs_winxp.htm#sw

    HS

    "Adam A. Wanderer" wrote in message
    news:M7Wtc.14594$Tn6.9621@newsread1.news.pas.earth link.net...
    > The Microsoft Driver, Windows XP pro, I'm using won't seem to work very

    well
    > with my Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (the unit can't recognize a DVD disc,
    > although it can recognize a CD). Does anyone know of a better driver for
    > this unit, or a solution to the problem? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > http://folding.stanford.edu

  4. Re: Sony DRU-500A DVD burner [Additional Information]

    The problem hasn't been completely solved, but it would seem that some
    brands of DVDs will work and other's do not. Having tried both DVD+R brands
    of Memorex and Maxell, only the Memorex will work at the moment. Also, DVD
    blanks purchased at different times don't function the same, even if the
    same brand. It would seem that the DVD media has a ways to go before it's
    both forward and reverse compatible.
    http://folding.stanford.edu
    "Adam A. Wanderer" wrote in message
    news:M7Wtc.14594$Tn6.9621@newsread1.news.pas.earth link.net...
    > The Microsoft Driver, Windows XP pro, I'm using won't seem to work very

    well
    > with my Sony DRU-500A DVD burner (the unit can't recognize a DVD disc,
    > although it can recognize a CD). Does anyone know of a better driver for
    > this unit, or a solution to the problem? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > http://folding.stanford.edu

+ Reply to Thread