Where to find VDS header files and libraries (and docs)? - Storage

This is a discussion on Where to find VDS header files and libraries (and docs)? - Storage ; VDS (Virtual Disk Service) has been shipping for a while, products use it, yet I can't find any mention of where to get the header files and libraries to program to it (on the client side in my case, not ...

  1. Where to find VDS header files and libraries (and docs)?

    VDS (Virtual Disk Service) has been shipping for a while, products use it,
    yet I can't find any mention of where to get the header files and libraries
    to program to it (on the client side in my case, not the provider side
    [yet]).

    It's not in the Platform SDK (Feb 2003). It's not in the Windows 2003 DDK
    (early 2003). I don't see any separate SDK listed for it, nor any MSDN
    subscriber downloads, nor is there any technical documentation on the
    interfaces (say, like IVdsServiceLoader) and methods. MSDN searches and
    googling is also fruitless.

    If this is something like IFS (Installable File System), i.e., a separate
    purchase, that's not a real stumbling block, but I do need to know where to
    go to get this (VDS development kit, in effect).

    Thanks in advance,
    Larry West
    San Diego

    PS: reference for the curious (see also neighboring "what it is" page):

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...tr_vds_how.asp

  2. Re: Where to find VDS header files and libraries (and docs)?

    To get to the VDS headers, docs, etc., you can register at
    http://www.microsoftstoragepartners.com.

    Cheers,

    Tom

    "Larry West" wrote in message
    > VDS (Virtual Disk Service) has been shipping for a while, products use it,
    > yet I can't find any mention of where to get the header files and

    libraries
    > to program to it (on the client side in my case, not the provider side
    > [yet]).
    >
    > It's not in the Platform SDK (Feb 2003). It's not in the Windows 2003

    DDK
    > (early 2003). I don't see any separate SDK listed for it, nor any MSDN
    > subscriber downloads, nor is there any technical documentation on the
    > interfaces (say, like IVdsServiceLoader) and methods. MSDN searches and
    > googling is also fruitless.
    >
    > If this is something like IFS (Installable File System), i.e., a separate
    > purchase, that's not a real stumbling block, but I do need to know where

    > go to get this (VDS development kit, in effect).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Larry West
    > San Diego
    >
    > PS: reference for the curious (see also neighboring "what it is" page):

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...tr_vds_how.asp

+ Reply to Thread