Beta/trial of windows storage and several questions - Storage

This is a discussion on Beta/trial of windows storage and several questions - Storage ; Hi Storage server community Is there a Storage Server beta or trial out there How will the final product be. Will it be like a pizza box, or is it like installing Windows server 2003 enterprise/standard edition I mean does ...

  1. Beta/trial of windows storage and several questions

    Hi Storage server community

    Is there a Storage Server beta or trial out there

    How will the final product be. Will it be like a pizza box, or is it like installing Windows server 2003 enterprise/standard edition
    I mean does Windows Storage Server require specific dedicated hardware or can I build my own server and then install Windows 2003 Storage server on that own build hardware configuration

    Thank you in advance
    Regards Lars Bengtsson

  2. Re: Beta/trial of windows storage and several questions

    Windows Storage Server has already released, so no Beta is available. It
    may be purchased via OEMs only and is not available directly. There are
    multiple flavors (standard & enterprise). We also just released a Feature
    Pack for Windows Storage Server that allows Exchange 2k3 to use it as
    storage.

    Pat

    "youritguru" wrote in message
    > Hi Storage server community.
    >
    > Is there a Storage Server beta or trial out there?
    >
    > How will the final product be. Will it be like a pizza box, or is it like

    installing Windows server 2003 enterprise/standard edition.
    > I mean does Windows Storage Server require specific dedicated hardware or

    can I build my own server and then install Windows 2003 Storage server on
    that own build hardware configuration?

    > Thank you in advance.
    > Regards Lars Bengtsson

+ Reply to Thread