iPod Video semi-resets - Storage

This is a discussion on iPod Video semi-resets - Storage ; Quite regularly (every morning, once, sometimes twice) I'll be listening to an audio book on the iPod and all of a sudden it will stop playing and display the root menu. When I navigate back to the audio book, it ...

  1. iPod Video semi-resets

    Quite regularly (every morning, once, sometimes twice) I'll be listening to
    an audio book on the iPod and all of a sudden it will stop playing and
    display the root menu. When I navigate back to the audio book, it has
    forgotten the location and begins from the beginning again. I have to
    manually locate (from memory) the previous location to continue my listening.

    Is this a common experience? A known problem? A known solution?

    Hmm... found this on Apple Discussions site:

    iPod Video 5g (not 5.5g) 30 GB, ver. 1.2, black
    --
    John English

  2. Re: iPod Video semi-resets

    In article <0001HW.C1E9951300817974F01826C8@news.readfreenews. net>,
    John E. wrote:

    > Quite regularly (every morning, once, sometimes twice) I'll be listening to
    > an audio book on the iPod and all of a sudden it will stop playing and
    > display the root menu. When I navigate back to the audio book, it has
    > forgotten the location and begins from the beginning again. I have to
    > manually locate (from memory) the previous location to continue my listening.
    >

    > Is this a common experience? A known problem? A known solution?
    >
    > Hmm... found this on Apple Discussions site:
    >

    > iPod Video 5g (not 5.5g) 30 GB, ver. 1.2, black
    > --
    > John English

    My G5 iPod video had the same exact problem with lectures downloaded
    from ITMS, specifically, lectures and speeches given by guests of the
    Commonwealth Club and other groups (U.C. Berkeley, Penn. State, etc.)

    I found a solution that wasn't mentioned at the link you gave.

    Someone told me to have the file start playing at one second instead of
    at the beginning. That fixed it for me.

    No doubt, this is a software bug that should be fixed.

  3. Re: iPod Video semi-resets

    In article ,
    bearclaw@cruller.invalid wrote:

    > In article <0001HW.C1E9951300817974F01826C8@news.readfreenews. net>,
    > John E. wrote:
    >
    > > Quite regularly (every morning, once, sometimes twice) I'll be listening to
    > > an audio book on the iPod and all of a sudden it will stop playing and
    > > display the root menu. When I navigate back to the audio book, it has
    > > forgotten the location and begins from the beginning again. I have to
    > > manually locate (from memory) the previous location to continue my
    > > listening.
    > >

    > > Is this a common experience? A known problem? A known solution?
    > >
    > > Hmm... found this on Apple Discussions site:
    > >

    > > iPod Video 5g (not 5.5g) 30 GB, ver. 1.2, black
    > > --
    > > John English

    > My G5 iPod video had the same exact problem with lectures downloaded
    > from ITMS, specifically, lectures and speeches given by guests of the
    > Commonwealth Club and other groups (U.C. Berkeley, Penn. State, etc.)
    >
    > I found a solution that wasn't mentioned at the link you gave.
    >
    > Someone told me to have the file start playing at one second instead of
    > at the beginning. That fixed it for me.
    >
    > No doubt, this is a software bug that should be fixed.

    I thought it was a problem with the Audiobooks I was creating from MP3
    files with Audiobook Builder. They all seem to "loose their place" when
    I first start listening from a book marked place and I have to go back
    to it after it resets. A pain.

    iPod Video 5G, 30GB, v1.2.1, white (CostCo $230 Merry Christmas to me).