OS 8.6 and drive space limit? - Storage

This is a discussion on OS 8.6 and drive space limit? - Storage ; Hello. I'm hoping someone can answer this for me. There is a possibility I need to replace a drive in an old AppleShare server that is running 8.6 (don't ask). I thought I remembered something about a size limit for ...

  1. OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    Hello.

    I'm hoping someone can answer this for me. There is a possibility I need
    to replace a drive in an old AppleShare server that is running 8.6
    (don't ask). I thought I remembered something about a size limit for
    drives when running on this OS. Does anyone remember what that limit is?
    There is a possibility of getting a 147GB drive for this box but I don't
    know if it will work correctly on this system.

    Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

    Thanks!!!

  2. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    Gary Polando wrote:

    > Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

    You asked this previously about two hours earlier and got a thorough
    response from David C.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg
    Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida

  3. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    Mike Rosenberg wrote:
    > Gary Polando wrote:
    >

    >>Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

    > You asked this previously about two hours earlier and got a thorough
    > response from David C.

    The post never showed up. That's why I did it again.
    Sorry if it appeard twice but I don't have the original message or any
    response.

  4. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    In article <40B79CD3.8050006@marcoa.com>,
    Gary Polando wrote:

    > Mike Rosenberg wrote:
    > > Gary Polando wrote:
    > >

    > >>Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

    > > You asked this previously about two hours earlier and got a thorough
    > > response from David C.
    > >

    > The post never showed up. That's why I did it again.
    > Sorry if it appeard twice but I don't have the original message or any
    > response.

    Has it shown up yet? It's message id

    --
    Your prison is walking through this world all alone.

  5. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    Howard Shubs wrote:

    > > > You asked this previously about two hours earlier and got a thorough
    > > > response from David C.
    > > >

    > > The post never showed up. That's why I did it again.

    Do not, under any circumstances, expect NNTP to reliably pass a posting
    (or reply) to all news servers around the world. Due to the way it is
    propagated, it is imposible to guarantee any one posting will make it
    everywhere.

    (This is one of the main reasons why message quoting was developed in
    the first place)

    Geoffrey

    (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)
    --
    WARNING: mail to this address will be auto-bounced if:
    (a) more than 10% original content appears before first quoted matter,

  6. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    in article 1gent38.1wahtoe1r63jg8N@[192.168.0.170], Geoffrey at
    goaEXCESSBAGGAGEbrains@hotmail.com wrote on 5/31/04 12:47 AM:

    >>> The post never showed up. That's why I did it again.

    > Do not, under any circumstances, expect NNTP to reliably pass a posting
    > (or reply) to all news servers around the world. Due to the way it is
    > propagated, it is imposible to guarantee any one posting will make it
    > everywhere.
    >
    > (This is one of the main reasons why message quoting was developed in
    > the first place)
    >

    > Geoffrey
    >
    > (remove EXCESS BAGGAGE to reply via mail)

    maximum capacity for hfs+ hard drives is a whopping 2Tb, or 2,048 Gb.
    If that isn't enough space, then what aliens are you contacting and when are
    they visiting me?

  7. Re: OS 8.6 and drive space limit?

    Gary Polando wrote:

    > Mike Rosenberg wrote:
    > > Gary Polando wrote:
    > >

    > >>Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

    > > You asked this previously about two hours earlier and got a thorough
    > > response from David C.
    > >

    > The post never showed up. That's why I did it again.
    > Sorry if it appeard twice but I don't have the original message or any
    > response.

    you might try looking first in web-based news forums like
    groups.google.com

    --
    Walt Sellers
    Computer Engineer For Hire