Superdrive problems - Storage

This is a discussion on Superdrive problems - Storage ; Hi, I own an iMac 1GHz with superdrive (SONY DVD RW DW-U10A) and OsX 10.3.2 and 768 MB. Since today I have difficulties when I want to burn cd's. I use Toast 6.0.3 but I also have probs with the ...

  1. Superdrive problems

    Hi,

    I own an iMac 1GHz with superdrive (SONY DVD RW DW-U10A) and OsX 10.3.2
    and 768 MB.

    Since today I have difficulties when I want to burn cd's. I use Toast
    6.0.3 but I also have probs with the apple disk utility.

    When I want to make copies of cd's, while reading the original cd I get
    errors such as: I/O error -36.

    When I want to burn (complete copies of cd's or files) I receive
    following errors:
    "The drive reported an error:
    Sense key = medium error
    Sense code = 0x73, 0x03"

    "The drive reported an error:
    Sense key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
    Sense Code = 0x24
    INVALI FIELD IN CDB"

    Anyone who knows more about this? I still have a guarantee on my Mac for
    a few days and I have the impression this is a hardware problem ... or
    not?

    NB: I don't think the CD's I use cause the probs. Before today I never
    have problems with the several brands I use.

    Thanks in advance.

    Hans Puype

  2. Re: Superdrive problems

    hans.puype@advalvas.be (Hans Puype) writes:

    > I own an iMac 1GHz with superdrive (SONY DVD RW DW-U10A) and OsX 10.3.2
    > and 768 MB.
    >
    > Since today I have difficulties when I want to burn cd's. I use Toast
    > 6.0.3 but I also have probs with the apple disk utility.
    >
    > When I want to make copies of cd's, while reading the original cd I get
    > errors such as: I/O error -36.
    >
    > When I want to burn (complete copies of cd's or files) I receive
    > following errors:
    > "The drive reported an error:
    > Sense key = medium error
    > Sense code = 0x73, 0x03"
    >
    > "The drive reported an error:
    > Sense key = ILLEGAL REQUEST
    > Sense Code = 0x24
    > INVALI FIELD IN CDB"
    >
    > Anyone who knows more about this? I still have a guarantee on my Mac for
    > a few days and I have the impression this is a hardware problem ... or
    > not?
    >
    > NB: I don't think the CD's I use cause the probs. Before today I never
    > have problems with the several brands I use.

    Sounds like a hardware problem. Take it to an Apple service center
    before your warrantee expires.

    -- David

+ Reply to Thread