Hard drive temperatures - Storage

This is a discussion on Hard drive temperatures - Storage ; I am thinking of swapping the drive in my powerbook 12". Would a 60Gb 7200 Travelstar run cooler/hotter. I'm quite concerned about the heat currently produced. TIA, Simon....

  1. Hard drive temperatures

    I am thinking of swapping the drive in my powerbook 12".
    Would a 60Gb 7200 Travelstar run cooler/hotter. I'm quite concerned
    about the heat currently produced.

    TIA, Simon.

  2. Re: Hard drive temperatures

    "Simon Higgs" wrote in message
    > I am thinking of swapping the drive in my powerbook 12".
    > Would a 60Gb 7200 Travelstar run cooler/hotter. I'm quite concerned
    > about the heat currently produced.

    Look at the comparable power specs for their different drives. More power
    consumption will mean a hotter drive. I recently replaced my OEM drive with
    an 80GB Travelstar and opted for the 4200 rather than the 5400rpm version
    since the power specs for the 5400 were 10% greater. (With a FW 160GB for
    demanding work, internal performance was less important than capacity.)

    Besides heat, you'll be affecting the drain on your battery, no small issue
    with the PB's.

    Tom Stybr

+ Reply to Thread