new hard drive for TiPowerBook 400MHz - Storage

This is a discussion on new hard drive for TiPowerBook 400MHz - Storage ; Dear all, First apologies for the cross posting. now my question, I Think my PowerBoor needs a new hard drive (more room) and I was wondering if any portable hard drive can be used or needs to be a mac ...

  1. new hard drive for TiPowerBook 400MHz

    Dear all,

    First apologies for the cross posting.

    now my question, I Think my PowerBoor needs a new hard drive (more room)
    and I was wondering if any portable hard drive can be used or needs to be
    a mac specific.

    I was thinking to buy a (IBM Hitachi TravelStar DK23EA Series DK23EA-60 -
    Hard drive - 60 GB - portable - 2.5" - ATA-100 - 4200 rpm) and I was
    wondering if anyone on the group have experience with this hard drive on a
    PowerBook 2001 400MHz.

    Any one with this information.

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: new hard drive for TiPowerBook 400MHz

    In article ,
    pedro.fabre.NO-SPAM@gen.gu.se (Pedro) wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > First apologies for the cross posting.

    If you knew it was something to apologize for, why'd you do it? I've
    added a Followup-To line to point back to the newsgroup where I read it.

    > now my question, I Think my PowerBoor needs a new hard drive (more room)
    > and I was wondering if any portable hard drive can be used or needs to be
    > a mac specific.
    >
    > I was thinking to buy a (IBM Hitachi TravelStar DK23EA Series DK23EA-60 -
    > Hard drive - 60 GB - portable - 2.5" - ATA-100 - 4200 rpm) and I was
    > wondering if anyone on the group have experience with this hard drive on a
    > PowerBook 2001 400MHz.

    As long as the hard drive is the right size, and has the right
    interface, it will work. There's no such thing as a "mac specific"
    drive. In the case of the Powerbook, you need a 2.5" IDE drive, no more
    than 12.5mm tall. The one you're asking about will work nicely-- I've
    got the 40GB version in my TiBook. If you're at all unsure, visit
    . They have a product selector where you
    can choose what model of Mac you have, and they'll tell you which of
    their hard drive stock will work with that model.

    --
    Tom "Tom" Harrington
    See http://www.atomicbird.com/

+ Reply to Thread