5.25 911 enclosure < $69.00 ? - Storage

This is a discussion on 5.25 911 enclosure < $69.00 ? - Storage ; I'm looking for a firewire enclosure for a 5.25 disk using the 911 chipset. So far I've narrowed it down to two which run about $69.00. Is there a better deal ? Anyone have an opinion about either of these ...

  1. 5.25 911 enclosure < $69.00 ?

    I'm looking for a firewire enclosure for a 5.25 disk using the 911
    chipset. So far I've narrowed it down to two which run about $69.00.

    Is there a better deal ?

    Anyone have an opinion about either of these two vendors or
    manufactures ?

    http://www.firewiremax.com/35prosfirdri.html

    http://www.cooldrives.com/usb20firox913.html

  2. Re: 5.25 911 enclosure < $69.00 ?

    In article <221120031343531608%ipoche@ix.netcom.com>,
    Irwin wrote:

    > I'm looking for a firewire enclosure for a 5.25 disk using the 911
    > chipset. So far I've narrowed it down to two which run about $69.00.
    >
    > Is there a better deal ?
    >
    > Anyone have an opinion about either of these two vendors or
    > manufactures ?
    >

    > http://www.firewiremax.com/35prosfirdri.html
    >
    > http://www.cooldrives.com/usb20firox913.html

    No info for you, but a question.

    I have an older 104 Superdrive 2X DVD-R burner, and thinking of
    replacing it with a 106 internal (not done so yet). So what to do with
    the older 104 I remove. I too, am thinking of putting it in an external
    firewire enclosure.

    Why are you looking for a 911 chipset enclosure? Is there a good reason
    to go with the 911 instead of a 922 chipset?

    Morenuf

  3. Re: 5.25 911 enclosure < $69.00 ?

    In article
    ,
    morenuf wrote:

    > In article <221120031343531608%ipoche@ix.netcom.com>,
    > Irwin wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for a firewire enclosure for a 5.25 disk using the 911
    > > chipset. So far I've narrowed it down to two which run about $69.00.
    > >
    > > Is there a better deal ?
    > >
    > > Anyone have an opinion about either of these two vendors or
    > > manufactures ?
    > >

    > > http://www.firewiremax.com/35prosfirdri.html
    > >
    > > http://www.cooldrives.com/usb20firox913.html

    > No info for you, but a question.
    >
    > I have an older 104 Superdrive 2X DVD-R burner, and thinking of
    > replacing it with a 106 internal (not done so yet). So what to do with
    > the older 104 I remove. I too, am thinking of putting it in an external
    > firewire enclosure.
    >
    > Why are you looking for a 911 chipset enclosure? Is there a good reason
    > to go with the 911 instead of a 922 chipset?
    >
    > Morenuf

    As best I know 911 provides complete compatibility with Mac's including
    booting from an external drive. I *think* 922 is the same thing but
    includes Firewire 800. As best I know there are no devices that
    exceeds 400, so why bother with 800 ? Also, I already have an external
    400 which works perfectly, all the time. Some FW800's have had
    problems with Panther.

    As to your Superdrive question, I have no idea.

+ Reply to Thread