CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12" - Storage

This is a discussion on CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12" - Storage ; Hello I have inserted a CD in my 12" G4 PowerBook, but it does not appear on the desktop and it is impossible to eject it. I tried to reboot: the PowerBook tries to eject the CD several times but ...

  1. CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12"

    Hello

    I have inserted a CD in my 12" G4 PowerBook, but it does not appear
    on the desktop and it is impossible to eject it. I tried to reboot:
    the PowerBook tries to eject the CD several times but fails... What
    can I do ?

    Thanks
    Jean

    --
    Jean Thioulouse - Equipe "Ecologie Statistique" - UMR CNRS 5558
    Universite Lyon 1, Bat. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France

  2. Re: CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12"

    This usually happens with a CD initiated under windows. Being in OS X, click
    (Redémarrer) while maintainig pressed the mouse. Mac will eject
    the disk on startup.
    Hope this helps !
    Bonne chance !

    "Jean Thioulouse" a écrit dans le message de
    > Hello
    >
    > I have inserted a CD in my 12" G4 PowerBook, but it does not appear
    > on the desktop and it is impossible to eject it. I tried to reboot:
    > the PowerBook tries to eject the CD several times but fails... What
    > can I do ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jean
    >
    > --
    > Jean Thioulouse - Equipe "Ecologie Statistique" - UMR CNRS 5558
    > Universite Lyon 1, Bat. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
    > Fax: (33) 4 72 43 13 88 Tel: (33) 4 72 43 27 56

  3. Re: CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12"

    In article (Dans l'article) ,
    "xanrov" wrote (écrivait)*:

    > This usually happens with a CD initiated under windows. Being in OS X, click
    > (Redémarrer) while maintainig pressed the mouse. Mac will eject
    > the disk on startup.
    > Hope this helps !
    > Bonne chance !

    Nope, this is a MacOS 10.3 install CD. Restarting with the mouse pressed
    does not work : the mac tries to eject the CD 3 times and fails, then it
    proceeds to boot.

    Jean

    --
    Jean Thioulouse - Equipe "Ecologie Statistique" - UMR CNRS 5558
    Universite Lyon 1, Bat. Mendel, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
    Fax: (33) 4 72 43 13 88 Tel: (33) 4 72 43 27 56

  4. Re: CD stuck in PowerBook G4 12"

    In article ,
    jtnews@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr (Jean Thioulouse) wrote:

    >In article (Dans l'article) ,
    >"xanrov" wrote (écrivait)*:
    >
    >> This usually happens with a CD initiated under windows. Being in OS X, click
    >> (Redémarrer) while maintainig pressed the mouse. Mac will eject
    >> the disk on startup.
    >> Hope this helps !
    >> Bonne chance !

    >Nope, this is a MacOS 10.3 install CD. Restarting with the mouse pressed
    >does not work : the mac tries to eject the CD 3 times and fails, then it
    >proceeds to boot.

    Sounds like a mechanical problem (the CD is jammed in).
    If you PB is still under warrantee you should take it to an authorized
    serviced center.

    --
    * PAUL K. BRANDON pkbrandon@mankato.msus.edu *
    * Psychology Dept Minnesota State University *

+ Reply to Thread