HELP: Can I piece together my own external CD-RW with a Mac? - Storage

This is a discussion on HELP: Can I piece together my own external CD-RW with a Mac? - Storage ; Is it possible to put together an external firewire for a Mac? I have a 52x24x52 drive, I'm going to buy a firewire enclosure. Is there any kind of special enclosure I'd need? What burning software would you recommend? This ...

  1. HELP: Can I piece together my own external CD-RW with a Mac?

    Is it possible to put together an external firewire for a Mac? I have
    a 52x24x52 drive, I'm going to buy a firewire enclosure. Is there any
    kind of special enclosure I'd need? What burning software would you
    recommend? This is for a DV-iMac and I really have no idea if it will
    even work. Is there any good freeware burning software out there?
    Help please. I can do anything to or on a PC but haven't fiddled with
    Mac hardware much. Thanks!

    lentiman@hotmail.com

  2. Re: HELP: Can I piece together my own external CD-RW with a Mac?

    lentiman@hotmail.com (Lemon Jello) wrote:

    >Is it possible to put together an external firewire for a Mac? I have
    >a 52x24x52 drive, I'm going to buy a firewire enclosure. Is there any
    >kind of special enclosure I'd need? What burning software would you
    >recommend? This is for a DV-iMac and I really have no idea if it will
    >even work. Is there any good freeware burning software out there?
    >Help please. I can do anything to or on a PC but haven't fiddled with
    >Mac hardware much. Thanks!

    Any FW enclosure should work. Look for one with the Oxford 911
    chipset, which many say is the best to convert an IDE drive to a FW
    interface.

    Check to see if the Disc Burner software for the Mac (and iTunes) is
    compatible with your burner.

    However, I'd recommend Toast over the built-in Mac options. Visit
    http://www.roxio.com to see if Toast is compatible with your burner.
    If it is, you are all set.

    I think the most recent version of Toast (v6) is OS X only. If you
    aren't using OS X, you might have to look around on eBay or some other
    places for a copy of Toast 5.
    H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    http://www.millenniumhwy.net hbelkins(at)mis.net

    "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

    Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

    To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...

+ Reply to Thread