Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW - Storage

This is a discussion on Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW - Storage ; Hello all. I'd like to build my own FireWire DVD/CD-RW (or DVD-RW if the price permits) for use with my Pismo under Jaguar (10.2.8). Does anyone have any recommendations for: - External FW enclosures - Drive mechanisms I would like ...

  1. Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW

    Hello all.

    I'd like to build my own FireWire DVD/CD-RW (or DVD-RW if the price
    permits) for use with my Pismo under Jaguar (10.2.8).

    Does anyone have any recommendations for:

    - External FW enclosures
    - Drive mechanisms

    I would like the device to work with Toast and any of the iLife toolset
    (i.e., iTunes, iPhoto, etc.) to burn my stuff with the built in burn
    functionality.

    Cheers,
    Patrick

    --
    tendim
    remove all capitals from eMail address for replies

  2. Re: Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW

    In article <1g4mlc5.94r14b1kbh1fqN%patrick@NOtendim.cjb.netSPA M>,
    patrick@NOtendim.cjb.netSPAM (tendim) wrote:

    > Hello all.
    >
    > I'd like to build my own FireWire DVD/CD-RW (or DVD-RW if the price
    > permits) for use with my Pismo under Jaguar (10.2.8).
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for:
    >
    > - External FW enclosures
    > - Drive mechanisms
    >
    > I would like the device to work with Toast and any of the iLife toolset
    > (i.e., iTunes, iPhoto, etc.) to burn my stuff with the built in burn
    > functionality.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Patrick

    ADS firewire enclosure works. Any pioneer DVD burner will work. Toast yes
    but idvd internal only.

  3. Re: Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW

    iEuchre wrote:

    > ADS firewire enclosure works. Any pioneer DVD burner will work. Toast yes
    > but idvd internal only.

    What about iTunes or iPhoto?

    --
    tendim
    remove all capitals from eMail address for replies

  4. Re: Building my own FireWire DVD/CDRW

    In article <1g4p6fx.6ncgrtpnzdwjN%patrick@NOtendim.cjb.netSPAM>,
    patrick@NOtendim.cjb.netSPAM (tendim) wrote:

    > iEuchre wrote:
    >
    > > ADS firewire enclosure works. Any pioneer DVD burner will work. Toast yes
    > > but idvd internal only.

    > What about iTunes or iPhoto?

    itunes yes...never attempted with i photo sorry.

+ Reply to Thread