extra hard drive advice wanted - Storage

This is a discussion on extra hard drive advice wanted - Storage ; looking to add an extra hard drive, 120 gig or so, and I understand I can use a PC type. I'm looking for ease of fitting (I'll have to do it myself), and advice on a good make/model. All help ...

  1. extra hard drive advice wanted

    looking to add an extra hard drive, 120 gig or so, and I understand I can
    use a PC type.
    I'm looking for ease of fitting (I'll have to do it myself), and advice on a
    good make/model.
    All help greatly appreciated. I've got a G4 Powermac, about 2 years old.

    Thanks

    Nichollette

  2. Re: extra hard drive advice wanted

    In article , derek
    wrote:

    > looking to add an extra hard drive, 120 gig or so, and I understand I can
    > use a PC type.
    > I'm looking for ease of fitting (I'll have to do it myself), and advice on a
    > good make/model.
    > All help greatly appreciated. I've got a G4 Powermac, about 2 years old.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nichollette

    I just bought a 120GB IBM (Hitachi) DeskStar Ultra ATA, 7200 rpm, 8MB
    buffer, about $95, brand new from ZipZoomFly. Right now it's sitting in
    my beige G3/G4 DT running just fine. I plan on installing it into my
    new MDD DP when it arrives in a couple of days. Nowadays, any old HD
    will work as long as it's an IDE/ATA type.

    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bull**** before.

    My address has been anti-spammed.
    Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing the invalid with sonic.