How to view a PDF file on-line? - Storage

This is a discussion on How to view a PDF file on-line? - Storage ; I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space. When I click on the URL with my web browser (either MSIE or Safari), it downloads the file. How can I get the file to open in my Acrobat-enabled (ie ...

  1. How to view a PDF file on-line?

    I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space. When I click on the URL
    with my web browser (either MSIE or Safari), it downloads the file.

    How can I get the file to open in my Acrobat-enabled (ie plug-in) browser so
    I can veiw it rather than download it?

    Thanks,
    --
    Dave C
    please reply in the news group

    --
    me@privacy.net
    This is an invalid return address

  2. Re: How to view a PDF file on-line?

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:51:21 -0800, DaveC wrote
    (in message <0001HW.BBC9950900237F95F0080600@news.individual.ne t>):

    > I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space.

    Of course I meant to say:
    I uploaded a PDF file...

    --
    Dave C
    please reply in the news group

  3. Re: How to view a PDF file on-line?

    In article <0001HW.BBC9950900237F95F0080600@news.individual.ne t>,
    DaveC wrote:

    > I uploaded an FTP file to my ISP's storage space. When I click on the URL
    > with my web browser (either MSIE or Safari), it downloads the file.
    >
    > How can I get the file to open in my Acrobat-enabled (ie plug-in) browser so
    > I can veiw it rather than download it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Dave C
    > please reply in the news group

    The Acrobat plug-in won't work in OS X, but this will:

    http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/

    Sandeep

  4. Re: How to view a PDF file on-line?

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:57:17 -0800, SSM wrote
    (in message ):

    > http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/

    Thanks, Sandeep. It works like a champ!
    --