HD Recommendations - Storage

This is a discussion on HD Recommendations - Storage ; I have an MDD DP on order. I'd like to install another HD on the second ATA/100 bus. My needs are simple so a 60 or even an 80GB is sufficient. It's been ages since I've purchased HD's so what ...

  1. HD Recommendations

    I have an MDD DP on order. I'd like to install another HD on the second
    ATA/100 bus. My needs are simple so a 60 or even an 80GB is sufficient.
    It's been ages since I've purchased HD's so what would be a good,
    reliable drive. 7200 rpm and a 4 or 8MB buffer would be nice. Any
    special considerations I need to know in installing the second drive?
    Model numbers would also be cool. Thanks.

    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bull**** before.

    My address has been anti-spammed.
    Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing the invalid with sonic.

  2. Re: HD Recommendations

    Otto Pylot wrote:
    > I have an MDD DP on order. I'd like to install another HD on the second
    > ATA/100 bus. My needs are simple so a 60 or even an 80GB is sufficient.
    > It's been ages since I've purchased HD's so what would be a good,
    > reliable drive. 7200 rpm and a 4 or 8MB buffer would be nice. Any
    > special considerations I need to know in installing the second drive?
    > Model numbers would also be cool. Thanks.

    Seagate Barracuda, model ST360015A (for the 60Gb model). This size is a
    nice price right now.

    This drive is nice and quiet, and very dependable.

+ Reply to Thread