possible to put existing USB & firewire devices on WiFi orBluetooth? - Storage

This is a discussion on possible to put existing USB & firewire devices on WiFi orBluetooth? - Storage ; Is there any way to take existing USB and firewire devices (such as a firewire external hard drive and a USB printer) and make them wireless by putting them on a 802.11 wifi network or on bluetooth? I know there ...

  1. possible to put existing USB & firewire devices on WiFi orBluetooth?

    Is there any way to take existing USB and firewire devices (such as a
    firewire external hard drive and a USB printer) and make them wireless by
    putting them on a 802.11 wifi network or on bluetooth? I know there are
    adapters that plug into the USB port of your computer and give you bluetooth
    functionality. I want the reverse - an adapter which has a bluetooth
    receiver and USB/firwewire ports that you can plug peripherals into. I'm
    going to be running OSX on a powerbook and would like to use my existing
    devices wirelessly... Any such thing exists? If so, please cc: replies to
    mlevin77@comcast.net. Thanks!

    Mike

  2. Re: possible to put existing USB & firewire devices on WiFi or Bluetooth?

    Mike Levin wrote in message news:...
    > Is there any way to take existing USB and firewire devices (such as a
    > firewire external hard drive and a USB printer) and make them wireless by
    > putting them on a 802.11 wifi network or on bluetooth? I know there are
    > adapters that plug into the USB port of your computer and give you bluetooth
    > functionality. I want the reverse - an adapter which has a bluetooth
    > receiver and USB/firwewire ports that you can plug peripherals into. I'm
    > going to be running OSX on a powerbook and would like to use my existing
    > devices wirelessly... Any such thing exists? If so, please cc: replies to
    > mlevin77@comcast.net. Thanks!
    >
    > Mike

    I haven't heard of that, but that WOULD be cool! Except, you'd need a
    big battery someplace. Firewire suppose to support something like
    45watts!

    I'd like to put USB cams all over the yard! ;-)

+ Reply to Thread