Best ext. firewire Hard Drive? - Storage

This is a discussion on Best ext. firewire Hard Drive? - Storage ; Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running Mac OS 9.0. TIA remove 'omit' to email...

  1. Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up
    and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running
    Mac OS 9.0.

    TIA

    remove 'omit' to email

  2. Re: Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    In article ,
    "Leo May" wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up
    > and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running
    > Mac OS 9.0.

    I've owned 5 different FW HDs and I have been most happy with my OWC
    (macsales.com) Mecury Elite Pro 3.5" drive. Fast sleek, reliable, and
    has an on/off switch.

    --
    Chicago, IL
    Remove "GO" to reply.

  3. Re: Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    ----------
    In article , Phil
    Lefebvre wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Leo May" wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up
    >> and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running
    >> Mac OS 9.0.

    > I've owned 5 different FW HDs and I have been most happy with my OWC
    > (macsales.com) Mecury Elite Pro 3.5" drive. Fast sleek, reliable, and
    > has an on/off switch.
    >
    > --
    > Chicago, IL
    > Remove "GO" to reply.

    Thank you for the info fellow Chicagoan. I'll check out that OWC.

    GO CUBS!!!

    rmove 'omit' to reply

  4. Re: Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    In article ,
    "Leo May" wrote:

    > ----------
    > In article , Phil
    > Lefebvre wrote:
    >

    > > In article ,
    > > "Leo May" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up
    > >> and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running
    > >> Mac OS 9.0.

    > > I've owned 5 different FW HDs and I have been most happy with my OWC
    > > (macsales.com) Mecury Elite Pro 3.5" drive. Fast sleek, reliable, and
    > > has an on/off switch.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Chicago, IL
    > > Remove "GO" to reply.

    > Thank you for the info fellow Chicagoan. I'll check out that OWC.
    >
    > GO CUBS!!!

    Hear hear!! Then again, I was there in '84, lived next door to Wrigley
    in '89, took my son to his first Cubs game in '98... The scars are still
    there, so I'm not getting too deep into this one yet.

    BTW, OWC is located in Woodstock, so if you're heading out that way,
    save on the shipping charge, since you'll be paying the sales tax...

    --
    Chicago, IL
    Remove "GO" to reply.

  5. Re: Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    ----------
    In article , Phil
    Lefebvre wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Leo May" wrote:
    >
    >> ----------
    >> In article , Phil
    >> Lefebvre wrote:

    >> > I've owned 5 different FW HDs and I have been most happy with my OWC
    >> > (macsales.com) Mecury Elite Pro 3.5" drive. Fast sleek, reliable, and
    >> > has an on/off switch.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Chicago, IL
    >> > Remove "GO" to reply.

    >> Thank you for the info fellow Chicagoan. I'll check out that OWC.
    >>
    >> GO CUBS!!!

    > Hear hear!! Then again, I was there in '84, lived next door to Wrigley
    > in '89, took my son to his first Cubs game in '98... The scars are still
    > there, so I'm not getting too deep into this one yet.

    But I bet you still got goosebumps:-)

    > BTW, OWC is located in Woodstock, so if you're heading out that way,
    > save on the shipping charge, since you'll be paying the sales tax...
    >
    > --
    > Chicago, IL
    > Remove "GO" to reply.

    That's a big BTW! Even better should something go awry. I'm in the south
    suburbs,(not a Sox fan) but the wife likes to take rides in the country.

    Thanks again, and Hey - Hey, and HOLEEEE COW!!!

    L. May
    remove 'omit' to reply

  6. Re: Best ext. firewire Hard Drive?

    In article ,
    Phil Lefebvre wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "Leo May" wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone suggest a good reliable ext. Hard drive to use for back up
    > > and iMovie work? I have an iMac DV Spec. Ed. 128mb 13.6 gig HD. running
    > > Mac OS 9.0.

    > I've owned 5 different FW HDs and I have been most happy with my OWC
    > (macsales.com) Mecury Elite Pro 3.5" drive. Fast sleek, reliable, and
    > has an on/off switch.

    I followed your advice and purchased one. I have never had a quieter
    (or smaller sizewise) drive. Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread