Re: Sony DRX-510UL - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: Sony DRX-510UL - Storage ; That depends on what you mean by co-operate. I've tried using the Sony DRX-510UL with OS X, and OS X won't write CDs or DVDs with it. It's a great drive and works well under windows and other versions of ...

  1. Re: Sony DRX-510UL

    That depends on what you mean by co-operate. I've tried using the Sony
    DRX-510UL with OS X, and OS X won't write CDs or DVDs with it. It's a
    great drive and works well under windows and other versions of Unix.
    Basically, Apple doesn't support writing to CDs or DVDs with anything
    but their "Superdrive", unless you buy very expensive Apple software
    like DVD StudioPro ( or so I've heard rumored, I can't verify this ).
    Maybe in the future Apple might loosen it's grip but, don't hold your
    breath.

    Christian Peters wrote in message news:...
    > Does anybody know if an external Sony DRX-510UL DVD will co-operate with Mac
    > OS 9.2 ?
    >
    > Thanx !

  2. Re: Sony DRX-510UL

    I heard somewhere that "Toast Titanium 6" does work with the Sony
    DRX-510UL however, I have not tried it.

  3. Re: Sony DRX-510UL

    love_linux@excite.com (nospam) wrote in message news:<7c255616.0310101043.312ce6ae@posting.google.com>...
    > I heard somewhere that "Toast Titanium 6" does work with the Sony
    > DRX-510UL however, I have not tried it.

    Toast supports this drive just fine.

+ Reply to Thread