KSI SCSI card in BW G3? - Storage

This is a discussion on KSI SCSI card in BW G3? - Storage ; Was parting out a Windows machine and came across a Koutech Systems Inc SCSI card, model KSI-801V10B. The company web site says they are up to the "P" revision of the card and only supporting Microsoft operating system. Anyone know ...

  1. KSI SCSI card in BW G3?

    Was parting out a Windows machine and came across a Koutech Systems Inc
    SCSI card, model KSI-801V10B. The company web site says they are up to
    the "P" revision of the card and only supporting Microsoft operating
    system.

    Anyone know if an earlier driver out there supports MacOS? Tried
    looking at google but kept coming up with the most current drivers for
    the -P card.

    Thanks in advance.

    MAH

  2. Re: KSI SCSI card in BW G3?

    In article <3F6862E2.6410@netins.net>, mah wrote:

    > Was parting out a Windows machine and came across a Koutech Systems Inc
    > SCSI card, model KSI-801V10B. The company web site says they are up to
    > the "P" revision of the card and only supporting Microsoft operating
    > system.
    >
    > Anyone know if an earlier driver out there supports MacOS? Tried
    > looking at google but kept coming up with the most current drivers for
    > the -P card.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > MAH

    Have one tried it - no luck (B&W G&W - OSX only).

    My version uses the old NCR/Symbios Logic/LSI 53C8xx SCSI chip set. I
    couldn't find a driver that both OSX and the card liked. If you're
    using OSX, the Linux world seems to have cobbled up drivers for the card
    that you *might* be able to hack.

    Might be simpler to swap it for one of the Adaptecs that are known to
    work.

  3. Re: KSI SCSI card in BW G3?

    recon@toomuchspam.org wrote:

    > Have one tried it - no luck (B&W G&W - OSX only).
    >
    > Might be simpler to swap it for one of the Adaptecs that are known to
    > work.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Seen it before where the earlier versions support multiple OS's and the
    new one doesn't. Had to try.

    MAH

  4. Re: KSI SCSI card in BW G3? (revisited)

    Thanks to those that replied. Was looking in the consignment bin of a
    nearby store and found a Microtek x6el scanner, all driver disks, and an
    adaptec SCSI card for the incredible price of $10.00. It left under my
    arm.

    MAH

+ Reply to Thread