bart's stuff test - Storage

This is a discussion on bart's stuff test - Storage ; Bart's Stuff Test gives throughput data transfer rate of a storage medium. Unless you know what the throughput should be, how can you tell if the throughput indicates something is wrong with the storage medium? Is there a rule of ...

  1. bart's stuff test

    Bart's Stuff Test gives throughput data transfer rate of a storage
    medium.

    Unless you know what the throughput should be, how can you tell if the
    throughput indicates something is wrong with the storage medium? Is
    there a rule of thumb I can look up somewhere?

  2. Re: bart's stuff test

    Spacey Spade wrote in news:1189427082.095555.99130@19g2000hsx.googlegrou ps.com
    > Bart's Stuff Test gives throughput data transfer rate of a storage
    > medium.

    > Unless you know what the throughput should be, how can you tell if the
    > throughput indicates something is wrong with the storage medium?

    Exactly.

    > Is there a rule of thumb I can look up somewhere?

    No.

  3. Re: bart's stuff test

    Previously Spacey Spade wrote:
    > Bart's Stuff Test gives throughput data transfer rate of a storage
    > medium.

    > Unless you know what the throughput should be, how can you tell if the
    > throughput indicates something is wrong with the storage medium? Is
    > there a rule of thumb I can look up somewhere?

    It depends very much on the concrete hardware and usage pattern.
    There are rules of thumb for many combinations, but they are in
    people's heads and change frequently.

    Any particular number you need?

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread