Removing 2nd disk drive - Storage

This is a discussion on Removing 2nd disk drive - Storage ; I have a dual boot PC. It has two disks. One is a 15 GB disk that is set up to look like C:, E:, and F:. The other is a 1 GB disk that is D:. Win98 is on ...

  1. Removing 2nd disk drive

    I have a dual boot PC. It has two disks. One is a 15 GB disk that is
    set up to look like C:, E:, and F:. The other is a 1 GB disk that is
    D:. Win98 is on C: and WinXP is on E:.
    I want to remvoe the 1 GB drive. (I will later replace the 15 GB drive
    with a bigger one.)
    In the past, I have tried simply disconnecting the 1 GB drive, but
    that did not work.
    I think that either the system would not boot or I got to a place
    where it needed the D: drive.
    How can I go about removing the 1 GB drive?
    To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

  2. Re: Removing 2nd disk drive

    In boot.ini on C:\, replace rdisk(2) with rdisk(1).

    On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:33:02 -0400, George wrote:

    >I have a dual boot PC. It has two disks. One is a 15 GB disk that is
    >set up to look like C:, E:, and F:. The other is a 1 GB disk that is
    >D:. Win98 is on C: and WinXP is on E:.
    >I want to remvoe the 1 GB drive. (I will later replace the 15 GB drive
    >with a bigger one.)
    >In the past, I have tried simply disconnecting the 1 GB drive, but
    >that did not work.
    >I think that either the system would not boot or I got to a place
    >where it needed the D: drive.
    >How can I go about removing the 1 GB drive?
    >To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

  3. Re: Removing 2nd disk drive

    George wrote:

    > I have a dual boot PC. It has two disks. One is a 15 GB disk
    > that is set up to look like C:, E:, and F:. The other is a 1 GB
    > disk that is D:. Win98 is on C: and WinXP is on E:.

    > I want to remvoe the 1 GB drive. (I will later
    > replace the 15 GB drive with a bigger one.)

    > In the past, I have tried simply disconnecting
    > the 1 GB drive, but that did not work.

    > I think that either the system would not boot or
    > I got to a place where it needed the D: drive.
    > How can I go about removing the 1 GB drive?

    Work out why it wont boot without that and fix that.

+ Reply to Thread