INOI HD363N 320GB Ethernet Drive - Storage

This is a discussion on INOI HD363N 320GB Ethernet Drive - Storage ; So I just bought this drive, and have tried copying some files to it and it seems excessively slow over my network. I am running my network at 100 MBps/Full Duplex. I have also Mapped this drive. Specs: FAT32, IDE, ...

  1. INOI HD363N 320GB Ethernet Drive

    So I just bought this drive, and have tried copying some files to it and
    it seems excessively slow over my network. I am running my network at
    100 MBps/Full Duplex. I have also Mapped this drive. Specs: FAT32,
    IDE, 7200rpm. Called the manufacturer and they indicate that the file
    transfer speed is at best 4-5 MBs. This just seems so slow! I am
    backing up whole computers with this Drive.

  2. Re: INOI HD363N 320GB Ethernet Drive

    Previously RichardC wrote:

    > So I just bought this drive, and have tried copying some files to it and
    > it seems excessively slow over my network. I am running my network at
    > 100 MBps/Full Duplex. I have also Mapped this drive. Specs: FAT32,
    > IDE, 7200rpm. Called the manufacturer and they indicate that the file
    > transfer speed is at best 4-5 MBs. This just seems so slow! I am
    > backing up whole computers with this Drive.

    This is fairly standard for Fast Ethernet over TCP with a slow
    CPU on the other side.

    Arno

  3. Re: INOI HD363N 320GB Ethernet Drive

    Theoretical throughput on 100Mb/s LAN is only 12500 Kb/s. More info
    about this NAS 'ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage'
    (http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/...ic.php?t=76630)

+ Reply to Thread