hard disk in HP test equipment - Storage

This is a discussion on hard disk in HP test equipment - Storage ; Hello, I have bought a HP test equipment build with a hard disk inside. The test equipment is a logic analysis system HP 16500C designed in the nineties: DOS, 540 Mb hard disk, 16 Mb system RAM,... The original hard ...

  1. hard disk in HP test equipment

    Hello,

    I have bought a HP test equipment build with a hard disk inside.

    The test equipment is a logic analysis system HP 16500C designed in the
    nineties: DOS, 540 Mb hard disk, 16 Mb system RAM,...

    The original hard disk is a 540AT made by Quantum, and is referenced
    with a HP part number.

    I try to replace the hard disk because it is out of order, with a "new"
    6.1 Gb disk, formatted with a FAT16 partition and a final 2.1 Gb capacity.

    The HP system does not recognize the hard disk and I can't go further.

    Any idea on what is wrong and things I can do to fix the problem ?

    thank you

  2. Re: hard disk in HP test equipment

    astalor writes:
    > Any idea on what is wrong and things I can do to fix the problem ?

    Yeah, the BIOS doesn't recognize the 6gb drive. You could look for an
    old low-capacity disk, or a IDE flash card.

  3. Re: hard disk in HP test equipment

    Are you in america?? May have one in my spares cabinet.

    On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 07:22:56 +0100, astalor wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have bought a HP test equipment build with a hard disk inside.
    >
    >The test equipment is a logic analysis system HP 16500C designed in the
    >nineties: DOS, 540 Mb hard disk, 16 Mb system RAM,...
    >
    >The original hard disk is a 540AT made by Quantum, and is referenced
    >with a HP part number.
    >
    >I try to replace the hard disk because it is out of order, with a "new"
    >6.1 Gb disk, formatted with a FAT16 partition and a final 2.1 Gb capacity.
    >
    >The HP system does not recognize the hard disk and I can't go further.
    >
    >Any idea on what is wrong and things I can do to fix the problem ?
    >

    >thank you

+ Reply to Thread