Help hard drives keep clicking and dying - Storage

This is a discussion on Help hard drives keep clicking and dying - Storage ; In article , John Turco writes >I first stumbled upon "w_tom" in news:comp.dcom.modems, during 2001. >He was preaching about the need for "'whole house' surge protection," >as I recall. "preaching" describes his unique posting style well - it's akin to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 83 of 83

  1. Re: Help hard drives keep clicking and dying

    In article <45A8663A.5324A1D1@concentric.net>, John Turco
    writes

    >I first stumbled upon "w_tom" in news:comp.dcom.modems, during 2001.
    >He was preaching about the need for "'whole house' surge protection,"
    >as I recall.

    "preaching" describes his unique posting style well - it's akin to
    religious fervour, and like many religious extremists, he won't accept
    that he might be wrong or that others have a valid viewpoint.

    --
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

  2. Re: Help hard drives keep clicking and dying

    Previously Mike Tomlinson wrote:
    > In article <45A8663A.5324A1D1@concentric.net>, John Turco
    > writes

    >>I first stumbled upon "w_tom" in news:comp.dcom.modems, during 2001.
    >>He was preaching about the need for "'whole house' surge protection,"
    >>as I recall.

    > "preaching" describes his unique posting style well - it's akin to
    > religious fervour, and like many religious extremists, he won't accept
    > that he might be wrong or that others have a valid viewpoint.

    A fair summary. And he avaoids any type of discussion. Even after
    obvious flaws in his reasoning have been demonstrated conclusively.

    Arno

  3. Re: Help hard drives keep clicking and dying

    "Arno Wagner" wrote in message news:530hd4F1qc5sfU1@mid.individual.net
    > Previously Mike Tomlinson wrote:
    > > In article <45A8663A.5324A1D1@concentric.net>, John Turco
    > > writes

    > > > I first stumbled upon "w_tom" in news:comp.dcom.modems, during 2001.
    > > > He was preaching about the need for "'whole house' surge protection,"
    > > > as I recall.

    > > "preaching" describes his unique posting style well - it's akin to
    > > religious fervour, and like many religious extremists, he won't accept
    > > that he might be wrong or that others have a valid viewpoint.

    > A fair summary.

    As a preaching linux zealot yourself you probably are the right one to
    comment, babblebot.

    > And he avaoids any type of discussion.

    Isn't that what that huge killfile of yours is also for, babblebot?

    > Even after obvious flaws in his reasoning have been demonstrated conclusively.

    He probably has a killfile that contains the same people that are in yours,
    so he is just as oblivious of critique as you usally are, 'ostrich' babblebot.

    > Arno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5