This is a discussion on reg:urgent req of scce-nas - Storage ; hi we have an urgent requirement for scce-nas .if anybody is interested pl forward the mails asap. Storage Competency Centre Engineer - (NAS/MSA) Intermediate Experience · 6-7 years experience in service and support on on ISS Servers, MS Clustering technology, ...
we have an urgent requirement for scce-nas .if anybody is interested
pl forward the mails asap.
Storage Competency Centre Engineer - (NAS/MSA)
· 6-7 years experience in service and support on on ISS Servers, MS
· A relevant Storage Arrays technology & Brocade SAN Switches with
understanding of SAN Hardware focused Enterprise / Mission Critical
Sophistication of customer interaction
· Can coherently articulate the resolution for a given customer
problem or describe possible workarounds/solutions, in sympathy with
the customer's knowledge of the product.
· Demonstrates keen customer focus and commitment to keep customer
informed of progress
· Knowledge of Switch Technologies , (Brocade FC switches)
· Broad technical knowledge of Clustered Windows
· Affinity with software related support processes
· Knowledge of attached and networked storage hardware and concepts
(SAN, Clustered NAS, DAS)
· Understanding of SAN Technologies / Attatchment and connectivity ,
also Logfile collection and analysis procedures.
· Knowledge of Linux as well as Clustered
Experience with Cisco FC switches as well as Brocade
· Knowledge of Remote Support and Remote monitoring processes and
· A 'service and support' mind-set
· Technical experience of Log-file / dump analysis for Switch products
· Knowledge of the HPCS environment, tools and support processes
· Education/ Certification
· Has completed and is proficient in: Installation and Configuration
of Enterprise Backup Solutions based on Veritas Netbackup, Backup
Exec, EMC Legato
· Has completed and is proficient in Installing/Integrating Libraries,
Jukeboxes in EBS Environments
· Is proficient in Storage Area Network Environments.
· Provide HP customers & Engineers troubleshooting & support in the
areas of HP MSA Storage Array, NAS, Brocade & eventually Cisco SAN
switch technologies & related Software applications etc.
· Provide leadership in technical problem management and the
resolution of all issues, working closely with end customers and HP
remote and field support staff.
· Develop action plans to investigate and resolve complex issues/
problems and clearly communicate these to engineers, customers and/or
· Participate in after-hours remote support rosters;
· Identify and contribute to projects to improve product support,
customer satisfaction and team efficiency;
· Be aware of, and contribute to the improvement of, team performance
as measured in the team Business Fundamentals Tables (BFT).
· Technical writing skills will be required to publish Issue
· Required to communicate effectively with Technical and Non-Technical
stakeholders and should have the ability to drive the conversation/
· Must be able to interact with colleagues from different countries
and background (own team,members of SC and Product Divisions)