Replace BBU of Fujitsu Eternus3000 - Storage

This is a discussion on Replace BBU of Fujitsu Eternus3000 - Storage ; Hi I operating two Fujitsu Eternus3000 model 50. 2 weeks aog, the replacement period of BBU(Battery Backup Unit) of Eternus storage was expired. So I purchased two BBUs but problme is I don't know how to replace. I want to ...

  1. Replace BBU of Fujitsu Eternus3000

    Hi
    I operating two Fujitsu Eternus3000 model 50.
    2 weeks aog, the replacement period of BBU(Battery Backup Unit) of
    Eternus storage was expired. So I purchased two BBUs

    but problme is I don't know how to replace.

    I want to know flowings,

    * Can replace during storage running ?
    * It need some additional works before / after replacement BBU ?
    * If that, what is the additional work? it's such very technically
    hard that must require the support of engineer.
    * Or replacement BBU is just that remove old BBU and insert new BBU?

    i expect your replies whether is good or bad information.

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Replace BBU of Fujitsu Eternus3000

    On 1 May 2007 08:47:30 -0700, ssabasmj@hanafos.com wrote:

    >I operating two Fujitsu Eternus3000 model 50.
    >2 weeks aog, the replacement period of BBU(Battery Backup Unit) of
    >Eternus storage was expired. So I purchased two BBUs

    >* Can replace during storage running ?

    Yes.

    NB - If you replace a working BBU with the system running, write-back
    cache will be disabled. This could have a negative impact on i/o
    performance until you replace the BBU. If your BBU has really failed,
    write-back cache is already off, so no performance impact.

    >* It need some additional works before / after replacement BBU ?

    Not work, as such, just checks...

    >* If that, what is the additional work? it's such very technically
    >hard that must require the support of engineer.

    You should be able to do this yourself.

    Confirm that the BBU has failed on the the FST (web GUI)
    Check the status LED on the BBU - if it has failed, it will be orange.
    Switch the BBU off before you remove it.
    The LED should flash orange to confirm it is off.

    Before you insert the new BBU, ensure it is switched off.
    Insert new BBU and lock into place.
    Switch on.
    LED should flash green (charging).

    Check the Hot Replacement screen - check that there is no fault.

    This entire procedure should take only 5 to 10 minutes.

    Hope this helps.

    HVB

+ Reply to Thread