SAN solution for Apple (MAC) / PC hybrid infrastructure - Storage

This is a discussion on SAN solution for Apple (MAC) / PC hybrid infrastructure - Storage ; Has anyone had any experience with SAN solutions for use with both Apple and PC infrastructures? So far i've looked at Apple Xsan's and Equallogic SAN's. Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks, Andy...

  1. SAN solution for Apple (MAC) / PC hybrid infrastructure

    Has anyone had any experience with SAN solutions for use with both
    Apple and PC infrastructures? So far i've looked at Apple Xsan's and
    Equallogic SAN's. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

    Thanks,
    Andy

  2. Re: SAN solution for Apple (MAC) / PC hybrid infrastructure

    On 27 Apr 2007 13:46:14 -0700, anguyen
    wrote:

    >Has anyone had any experience with SAN solutions for use with both
    >Apple and PC infrastructures? So far i've looked at Apple Xsan's and
    >Equallogic SAN's. Any help would be greatly appriciated!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Andy

    Are you asking as matter of what hardware is supported or are you
    looking for something to actually share data?

    I only know of one multi-OS multi-writer file system, CXFS from SGI.

    Otherwise, would you not just look at the HCL for MAC and compare it
    to the PC's?

    ~F

+ Reply to Thread