Linux tool for disk blocks usage - Storage

This is a discussion on Linux tool for disk blocks usage - Storage ; Hi, What is a good tool to remotely monitor disk usage (actual blocks used and free space) for storage hosted by a Linux server? Perhaps a tool with some graphical usage summary? Monitoring the data via CIFS and NFS shares ...

  1. Linux tool for disk blocks usage

    Hi,
    What is a good tool to remotely monitor disk usage (actual blocks used
    and free space) for storage hosted by a Linux server? Perhaps a tool
    with some graphical usage summary? Monitoring the data via CIFS and
    NFS shares will not work in our environment that well since some
    directories are not exposed via NAS protocols

    Lyle

  2. Re: Linux tool for disk blocks usage

    x_coder@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    > What is a good tool to remotely monitor disk usage (actual blocks used
    > and free space) for storage hosted by a Linux server?

    df. I'd login to the Linux server (with SSH) and run df periodically.
    Maybe in combination with the "watch" tool, like so:

    watch -d df

    Alexander Skwar

  3. Re: Linux tool for disk blocks usage

    On Apr 24, 12:32 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
    > x_co...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > What is a good tool to remotely monitor disk usage (actual blocks used
    > > and free space) for storage hosted by a Linux server?

    > df. I'd login to the Linux server (with SSH) and run df periodically.
    > Maybe in combination with the "watch" tool, like so:
    >
    > watch -d df
    >
    > Alexander Skwar

    No commercial application with a richer feature set and graphs?
    Things like alerts etc that are available on SRM tools?

  4. Re: Linux tool for disk blocks usage

    wrote in message
    news:1177443049.832087.142000@b40g2000prd.googlegr oups.com...

    > No commercial application with a richer feature set and graphs?
    > Things like alerts etc that are available on SRM tools?

    NetVault Report manager from Bakbone may be able to do what you need.

    Rob

+ Reply to Thread