snapvault alert for failed update - Storage

This is a discussion on snapvault alert for failed update - Storage ; we have setup snapvault schedules during night for all volumes. There are 10 primary filers those are snapvaulted during night. Some time, some of the qtree fails to update so during morning I need to update those by corresponding snapshot. ...

  1. snapvault alert for failed update

    we have setup snapvault schedules during night for all volumes. There
    are 10 primary filers those are snapvaulted during night.
    Some time, some of the qtree fails to update so during morning I need
    to update those by corresponding snapshot.
    Is there any way to get alert mail for failed qtrees either by filer
    itself or through DFM.

    Thanks for the solution.

    - Raju

  2. Re: snapvault alert for failed update

    On 23 Apr 2007 07:51:07 -0700, Raju Mahala
    wrote:

    >we have setup snapvault schedules during night for all volumes. There
    >are 10 primary filers those are snapvaulted during night.
    >Some time, some of the qtree fails to update so during morning I need
    >to update those by corresponding snapshot.
    >Is there any way to get alert mail for failed qtrees either by filer
    >itself or through DFM.
    >
    >Thanks for the solution.
    >
    >- Raju

    DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
    those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
    part of the base install.

    Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
    that.

    ~F

  3. Re: snapvault alert for failed update

    > DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
    > those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
    > part of the base install.
    >
    > Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
    > that.
    >
    > ~F

    Actually snapvault is not done on daily basis, some volumes on daily
    basis and some of the volume on alternate basis. So If I track based
    on lag time then then thrashold has to keep more than 50hrs otherwise
    lots of alert will come.
    I am only interested in qtrees those has failed even other qtrees of
    that volume has done. So there is any other way to track for just only
    failed during last run.

    - Raju

  4. Re: snapvault alert for failed update

    On Apr 24, 10:34 am, Raju Mahala wrote:
    > > DFM has the ability to track lag time on vaults and alert based on
    > > those thresholds. It may require a license though, not sure if it's
    > > part of the base install.

    > > Check with your NetApp SE, that would be the best person to answer
    > > that.

    > > ~F

    > Actually snapvault is not done on daily basis, some volumes on daily
    > basis and some of the volume on alternate basis. So If I track based
    > on lag time then then thrashold has to keep more than 50hrs otherwise
    > lots of alert will come.
    > I am only interested in qtrees those has failed even other qtrees of
    > that volume has done. So there is any other way to track for just only
    > failed during last run.
    >
    > - Raju

    With DFM you can do that kind of custom lag alerts. In fact we have it
    working at our place with different notification thresholds. As
    Faeandar mentioned, you do need the additional license to manage
    snapvault backups via DFM.
    -G

+ Reply to Thread