Comparisons of NAS/SAN products - Storage

This is a discussion on Comparisons of NAS/SAN products - Storage ; Does anyone know where to find a comparison of all the NAS/SAN products out there EMC-NetApp-Isolon_Exanet-ONStor-3Par..... ? Thanks for the help...

  1. Comparisons of NAS/SAN products

    Does anyone know where to find a comparison of all the NAS/SAN
    products out there EMC-NetApp-Isolon_Exanet-ONStor-3Par..... ?

    Thanks for the help

  2. Re: Comparisons of NAS/SAN products

    On 12 Apr 2007 05:22:04 -0700, pmbridger@gmail.com wrote:

    >Does anyone know where to find a comparison of all the NAS/SAN
    >products out there EMC-NetApp-Isolon_Exanet-ONStor-3Par..... ?
    >
    >Thanks for the help

    Best place I know of is specfs.org. That only gives you spec's and
    only on models the vendors choose to test.

    If you are looking for a general user comparison...let me know if you
    find it. Each of them takes significant effort to evaluate correctly,
    so for someone to have done all of them is very unlikely. And piecing
    together different eval results will not garner the same comparison.

    If you state what problem you are trying to solve that usualy meets
    with better success.

    ~F

  3. Re: Comparisons of NAS/SAN products

    pmbridger@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anyone know where to find a comparison of all the NAS/SAN
    > products out there EMC-NetApp-Isolon_Exanet-ONStor-3Par..... ?
    >
    > Thanks for the help

    The Evaluator Group (www.evaluatorgroup.com) does quite detailed write
    ups on the major platforms, but I think you'd need to sign up for their
    analyst service to get it.

    --
    Nik Simpson

+ Reply to Thread