EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent - Storage

This is a discussion on EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent - Storage ; Hi, I have a clariion fc5300 and a brocade 2400 switch in my lab. I also have EMC's navisphere manager but I do not have navisphere hosts agent ( mainly for solaris and hp-ux 11iv2 ) so I can't use ...

  1. EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent

    Hi,
    I have a clariion fc5300 and a brocade 2400 switch in my lab. I also
    have EMC's navisphere manager but I do not have navisphere hosts agent
    ( mainly for solaris and hp-ux 11iv2 ) so I can't use the navisphere
    manager to control my storage. Does anyone have? Please help and
    thanks.

  2. Re: EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent

    > I have a clariion fc5300 and a brocade 2400 switch in my lab. I also
    > have EMC's navisphere manager but I do not have navisphere hosts agent
    > ( mainly for solaris and hp-ux 11iv2 ) so I can't use the navisphere
    > manager to control my storage. Does anyone have? Please help and

    You can manage your storage through navisphere without host agents,
    but you'll need to register the HBAs in your hosts manually.
    I'm not sure what exactly the host agent does for PowerPath
    managing your HBA, but you can make it work without it.

  3. Re: EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent

    Chaps,

    Is anybody can tell me how can I extract (i.e. what is the command to be
    executed from the prompt line) configuration from Clariion boxes?

    Thank you!

    S.

    "Arne Joris" wrote in message
    news:1176218620.916264.320050@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > > I have a clariion fc5300 and a brocade 2400 switch in my lab. I also
    > > have EMC's navisphere manager but I do not have navisphere hosts agent
    > > ( mainly for solaris and hp-ux 11iv2 ) so I can't use the navisphere
    > > manager to control my storage. Does anyone have? Please help and

    > You can manage your storage through navisphere without host agents,
    > but you'll need to register the HBAs in your hosts manually.
    > I'm not sure what exactly the host agent does for PowerPath
    > managing your HBA, but you can make it work without it.

  4. Re: EMC's Clariion and navisphere hosts agent

    On Apr 20, 11:06 pm, "Slawek" wrote:
    > Chaps,
    >
    > Is anybody can tell me how can I extract (i.e. what is the command to be
    > executed from the prompt line) configuration from Clariion boxes?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > S.

    I believe the command: 'navicli -h getall'
    will give you the full config... you will need NaviCLI installed on
    the host you are running the command from, http://powerlink.emc.com

+ Reply to Thread