partition a HD with files on it .:NEED HELP:. - Storage

This is a discussion on partition a HD with files on it .:NEED HELP:. - Storage ; Hi guys I have a bit of a problem I have a 300 gig harddrive. It has a 288 gig partiton that has 158 gigs free. I was wondering if there was a way to partition some of that free ...

  1. partition a HD with files on it .:NEED HELP:.

    Hi guys I have a bit of a problem I have a 300 gig harddrive. It has a
    288 gig partiton that has 158 gigs free. I was wondering if there was a
    way to partition some of that free space into another partition without
    formating or losing my files.I have vista on the other 12 gigs of this
    HD and win xp home on a pos 4 gig. Yes I said 4 gig and its on its way
    out so i need to make another partition to put xp on before it dies.
    But if its at the cost of my files ill just go without xp till i can
    find another hd or some 1 that can store my files till I partition it.

    You can respond here or msg me at hummer_rc @ hotmail . com take out
    spaces

    --
    devin1100

  2. Re: partition a HD with files on it .:NEED HELP:.

    On Mar 17, 12:28 am, devin1100
    wrote:
    > Hi guys I have a bit of a problem I have a 300 gig harddrive. It has a
    > 288 gig partiton that has 158 gigs free. I was wondering if there was a
    > way to partition some of that free space into another partition without
    > formating or losing my files.I have vista on the other 12 gigs of this
    > HD and win xp home on a pos 4 gig. Yes I said 4 gig and its on its way
    > out so i need to make another partition to put xp on before it dies.
    > But if its at the cost of my files ill just go without xp till i can
    > find another hd or some 1 that can store my files till I partition it.
    >
    > You can respond here or msg me at hummer_rc @ hotmail . com take out
    > spaces
    >
    > --
    > devin1100

    hi i think if we want to do storage partitioning(contigous space)
    means we have to take backup before changing to dynamic storage. so i
    think if we do further partitioning we can loose files.so backup is
    needed

+ Reply to Thread