SAN & NAS security - Storage

This is a discussion on SAN & NAS security - Storage ; Is anybody could kindly share with me any security checklists/guidelines to be used to verify information security and configuration aspects for SAN & NAS environments (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp). Thanks in advance, S....

  1. SAN & NAS security

    Is anybody could kindly share with me any security checklists/guidelines to
    be used to verify information security and configuration aspects for SAN &
    NAS environments (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp).

    Thanks in advance,
    S.

  2. Re: SAN & NAS security

    On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:43:27 -0000, "Slawek" wrote:

    >Is anybody could kindly share with me any security checklists/guidelines to
    >be used to verify information security and configuration aspects for SAN &
    >NAS environments (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp).
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    > S.

    What you're asking for is fairly large scale and not even considered
    fully baked yet by the industry.

    Each has it's own set of security and vulnerability issues so I really
    doubt anyone here can just drop off a checklist.

    You should talk to whatever vendor you are concerned with
    specifically.

    ~F

  3. Re: SAN & NAS security

    well, I've specified vendors below:

    EMC -> Centera, DMX, Symmetrix
    Hitachi
    NetApp -> OnTap

    ....and they can prepare checklist, however it will not be a independent
    review/verification.

    Best Regards,
    S.

    news2ltv2p12fie4d6tnisp638dabnfnjbpb3@4ax.com...

    &
    > >NAS environments (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp).
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance,
    > > S.
    > >

    > What you're asking for is fairly large scale and not even considered
    > fully baked yet by the industry.
    >
    > Each has it's own set of security and vulnerability issues so I really
    > doubt anyone here can just drop off a checklist.
    >
    > You should talk to whatever vendor you are concerned with
    > specifically.
    >
    > ~F

  4. Re: SAN & NAS security

    On Mar 14, 6:43 pm, "Slawek" wrote:
    > Is anybody could kindly share with me any security checklists/guidelines to
    > be used to verify information security and configuration aspects for SAN &
    > NAS environments (EMC, Hitachi, NetApp).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > S.

    Here's a link to some articles on http://www.wikibon.org that might be
    useful: