WWNs of HBAs - Storage

This is a discussion on WWNs of HBAs - Storage ; Hi all, I'm trying to look for ways to find out the WWNs of the HBAs from different types of hosts. Solaris: For 5.10 there's the command "fcinfo hba-port". For 5.8/5.9 and on certain 5.10 boxes without binary, I have ...

  1. WWNs of HBAs

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to look for ways to find out the WWNs of the HBAs from
    different types of hosts.

    Solaris:
    For 5.10 there's the command "fcinfo hba-port". For 5.8/5.9 and on
    certain 5.10 boxes without binary, I have difficulty getting the info
    - /var/adm/messages doesn't seem to contain the info. "cfgadm -al"
    shows the target but not the HBA...

    AIX:
    lscfg -vl fcs0
    --> the above works but info from log is more desirable.

    IRIX:
    scsiha -w 2
    -> the above works but info from log is more desirable.

    HPUX:
    fcmsutil /dev/td0
    -> the above works but info from log is more desirable.

    Windows:
    Mystery???

    Thanks for any input.
    Ernest

  2. Re: WWNs of HBAs

    ernest wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to look for ways to find out the WWNs of the HBAs from
    > different types of hosts.
    >
    > Solaris:
    > For 5.10 there's the command "fcinfo hba-port". For 5.8/5.9 and on
    > certain 5.10 boxes without binary, I have difficulty getting the info
    > - /var/adm/messages doesn't seem to contain the info. "cfgadm -al"
    > shows the target but not the HBA...

    For Solaris 5.8 and 5.9, have a look at the "luxadm" command ......

  3. Re: WWNs of HBAs

    for windows, Qlogic and Emulex provide host applications that will display
    this info. SCSI Utility For Windows will display this information for both
    vendors w/out the need for separate applications. Another method would be
    to log into your fibre channel switches and have a look here. They will
    display the WWPN and WWNN of all nodes logged in with the fabric. This
    method will be o/s agnostic.

    The Moojit

    "ernest" wrote in message
    news:1173912015.903018.245810@y66g2000hsf.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to look for ways to find out the WWNs of the HBAs from
    > different types of hosts.
    >
    > Solaris:
    > For 5.10 there's the command "fcinfo hba-port". For 5.8/5.9 and on
    > certain 5.10 boxes without binary, I have difficulty getting the info
    > - /var/adm/messages doesn't seem to contain the info. "cfgadm -al"
    > shows the target but not the HBA...
    >
    > AIX:
    > lscfg -vl fcs0
    > --> the above works but info from log is more desirable.
    >
    > IRIX:
    > scsiha -w 2
    > -> the above works but info from log is more desirable.
    >
    > HPUX:
    > fcmsutil /dev/td0
    > -> the above works but info from log is more desirable.
    >
    > Windows:
    > Mystery???
    >
    > Thanks for any input.
    > Ernest