configuration of switch brocade - Storage

This is a discussion on configuration of switch brocade - Storage ; Hello everybody. I want to write a script to connect on a switch and get information as switchshow and portshow. In tne past, I use expect to connect and get information in a file. Is there any other way ? ...

  1. configuration of switch brocade

    Hello everybody.
    I want to write a script to connect on a switch and get information as
    switchshow and portshow.
    In tne past, I use expect to connect and get information in a file.
    Is there any other way ?
    Thanks in advance
    Gilles

  2. Re: configuration of switch brocade

    On Mar 8, 3:46 pm, "Regine dessoubret" wrote:
    > Hello everybody.
    > I want to write a script to connect on a switch and get information as
    > switchshow and portshow.
    > In tne past, I use expect to connect and get information in a file.
    > Is there any other way ?

    You could try using SNMP GETs, Brocades do support the FC switch MIB.

    It really depends on what kind of information you are trying to get
    at,
    and how much work you are willing to put into maintaining the scripts
    when the switches upgrade. The MIB follows a standard, so it's more
    likely
    to keep working across firmware upgrades. Using expect to use the cli
    can break without any guarantees, but then you might be able to get
    some information that's not in the FC switch MIB standard....

    Arne

+ Reply to Thread