How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now? - Storage

This is a discussion on How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now? - Storage ; What disk manufacturers still have essentially end-to-end fabrication lines? Are there any companies we never hear the names of that make HDA assemblies for others? -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c ...

  1. How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

  2. Re: How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    > Are there any companies we never hear the names of that
    > make HDA assemblies for others?

    I remember there was some not-well-known Japanese company which made these
    assemblies. Forgot the name.

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation

  3. Re: How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    "Al Dykes" wrote in message

    > What disk manufacturers still have essentially end-to-end fabrication
    > lines?
    >
    > Are there any companies we never hear the names of that
    > make HDA assemblies for others?

    From memory; Hitachi, Seagate, Western Digital, Samsung and Fujitsu.

    Rob

  4. Re: How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:

    >> Are there any companies we never hear the names of that
    >> make HDA assemblies for others?

    > I remember there was some not-well-known Japanese company which made these
    > assemblies. Forgot the name.

    Maybe MKE?
    Matu****a-Kotobuki Electronics Industries, Ltd

  5. Re: How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    On Feb 15, 10:45 am, ady...@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:
    > What disk manufacturers still have essentially end-to-end fabrication
    > lines?
    >
    > Are there any companies we never hear the names of that
    > make HDA assemblies for others?
    >
    > --
    > a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
    > Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001

    I believe LSI Logic actually manufactures a number of disk arrays for
    vendors such as IBM & Sun.

  6. Re: How many companies manufacturer disk HDA assemblies, now?

    christrygstad@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Feb 15, 10:45 am, ady...@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:
    >> What disk manufacturers still have essentially end-to-end fabrication
    >> lines?
    >>
    >> Are there any companies we never hear the names of that
    >> make HDA assemblies for others?
    >>
    >> --
    >> a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
    >> Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001

    > I believe LSI Logic actually manufactures a number of disk arrays for
    > vendors such as IBM & Sun.

    I think he was talking about hard disks, not arrays. As such, I would
    guess it depends on how you define end-to-end. If that means everything
    from fabricating the silicon used for interface etc I'd guess not. If
    you define it as taking in components at one end such chips, PCBs etc
    and turning out a finished disk at the other then I'd say pretty much
    all of them.

    --
    Nik Simpson

+ Reply to Thread