EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password - Storage

This is a discussion on EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password - Storage ; Hello, I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to defaults to have the default password as defined in the documentation. I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the password doesn't ...

  1. EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Hello,

    I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to defaults
    to have the default password as defined in the documentation.

    I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the
    password doesn't seem to be the default one.

    Any idea to reset it ?

    Regards,
    JPV

  2. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Login using a serial cable and then try the procedure in the manual.

    "Jean-Paul VILLETTE" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to defaults to
    > have the default password as defined in the documentation.
    >
    > I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the
    > password doesn't seem to be the default one.
    >
    > Any idea to reset it ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > JPV

  3. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Hello,

    There is no serial cable on this model. The DS-16B doesn't have one
    but the DS-8B have one. I have a DS-16B, and that's the problem.

    Any way, thanks.
    JPV

    Nabeel Ahmed a écrit :
    > Login using a serial cable and then try the procedure in the manual.
    >
    > "Jean-Paul VILLETTE" wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to defaults to
    >> have the default password as defined in the documentation.
    >>
    >> I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the
    >> password doesn't seem to be the default one.
    >>
    >> Any idea to reset it ?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> JPV

  4. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    This can be tricky sometimes. Serial port is not intended for most
    users as it can be a security concern. I looked at the available
    diagrams and manuals on the DS-16B. They refer to the serial port but
    don't explicitly spell out it's location. I would recommend checking
    the backside to find out if there is a small panel that is closed with
    a Torx screw (star-shaped) or removing the front panels to see if it's
    hidden behind them.

    - Gun

    On Feb 14, 4:26 am, Jean-Paul VILLETTE wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There is no serial cable on this model. The DS-16B doesn't have one
    > but the DS-8B have one. I have a DS-16B, and that's the problem.
    >
    > Any way, thanks.
    > JPV
    >
    > Nabeel Ahmed a écrit :
    >
    > > Login using a serial cable and then try the procedure in the manual.

    > > "Jean-Paul VILLETTE" wrote in message
    > >> Hello,

    > >> I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to defaultsto
    > >> have the default password as defined in the documentation.

    > >> I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the
    > >> password doesn't seem to be the default one.

    > >> Any idea to reset it ?

    > >> Regards,
    > >> JPV

  5. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Hello,

    I think the reference to the serial port is only for DS-8B. I tried
    to find an hidden one on the DS-16B without any success.

    Several google searches speak about a "recovery password" with the
    installation of a specific firmware... i don't have details...

    Any other idea ?

    Regards,
    Jean-Paul VILLETTE

    Gunhaver05 a écrit :
    > This can be tricky sometimes. Serial port is not intended for most
    > users as it can be a security concern. I looked at the available
    > diagrams and manuals on the DS-16B. They refer to the serial port but
    > don't explicitly spell out it's location. I would recommend checking
    > the backside to find out if there is a small panel that is closed with
    > a Torx screw (star-shaped) or removing the front panels to see if it's
    > hidden behind them.
    >
    > - Gun
    >
    > On Feb 14, 4:26 am, Jean-Paul VILLETTE wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> There is no serial cable on this model. The DS-16B doesn't have one
    >> but the DS-8B have one. I have a DS-16B, and that's the problem.
    >>
    >> Any way, thanks.
    >> JPV
    >>
    >> Nabeel Ahmed a écrit :
    >>
    >>> Login using a serial cable and then try the procedure in the manual.
    >>> "Jean-Paul VILLETTE" wrote in message

  6. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Contact EMC or use EMC's cite.

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation

    > Hello,
    >
    > I think the reference to the serial port is only for DS-8B. I tried
    > to find an hidden one on the DS-16B without any success.
    >
    > Several google searches speak about a "recovery password" with the
    > installation of a specific firmware... i don't have details...
    >
    > Any other idea ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jean-Paul VILLETTE
    >

    > Gunhaver05 a écrit :
    > > This can be tricky sometimes. Serial port is not intended for most
    > > users as it can be a security concern. I looked at the available
    > > diagrams and manuals on the DS-16B. They refer to the serial port but
    > > don't explicitly spell out it's location. I would recommend checking
    > > the backside to find out if there is a small panel that is closed with
    > > a Torx screw (star-shaped) or removing the front panels to see if it's
    > > hidden behind them.
    > >
    > > - Gun
    > >
    > > On Feb 14, 4:26 am, Jean-Paul VILLETTE wrote:
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> There is no serial cable on this model. The DS-16B doesn't have one
    > >> but the DS-8B have one. I have a DS-16B, and that's the problem.
    > >>
    > >> Any way, thanks.
    > >> JPV

  7. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Hello,

    Thanks. I just tried by i don't think this action will be free of
    charge... In Progress ...

    If someone has an other idea .....

    Regards,
    Jean-Paul VILLETTE

    Maxim S. Shatskih a écrit :
    > Contact EMC or use EMC's cite.

  8. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    EMC quotes solution ID 1.0.184245148.2873664. It states that an EMC
    rep will be required to perform the reset.

    On Feb 14, 4:08 pm, Jean-Paul VILLETTE wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks. I just tried by i don't think this action will be free of
    > charge... In Progress ...
    >
    > If someone has an other idea .....
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jean-Paul VILLETTE
    >
    > Maxim S. Shatskih a écrit :
    >

    > > Contact EMC or use EMC's cite.- Hide quoted text -

  9. Re: EMC DS-16B ... resetting to defaults password

    Jean-Paul VILLETTE Wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an old DS-16B and i want to reset its configuration to default
    >
    > to have the default password as defined in the documentation.
    >
    > I have tried several times the front panel "Reset to defaults" but the
    > password doesn't seem to be the default one.
    >
    > Any idea to reset it ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > JPVIf you want to call here one of my teshs will help

    my # 781 982 9664
    ask for Paul Leebe

    --
    PAUL LEEBER