VXA Autoloader reliability? - Storage

This is a discussion on VXA Autoloader reliability? - Storage ; I'm considering an Exabyte 10-slot VXA2 Autoloader (1U) and was wondering about reliability. Fitting a 10-slot mechanical tape management system into a 1U rack space sounds very complex and prone to reliability problems. Anyone have any comments and/or stories about ...

  1. VXA Autoloader reliability?

    I'm considering an Exabyte 10-slot VXA2 Autoloader (1U) and
    was wondering about reliability. Fitting a 10-slot mechanical
    tape management system into a 1U rack space sounds very complex
    and prone to reliability problems. Anyone have any comments
    and/or stories about these devices, either positive or negative?

  2. Re: VXA Autoloader reliability?

    "Jim Garrison" wrote in message
    news:yfadnW7O1taaobDYnZ2dnUVZ_q6dnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > I'm considering an Exabyte 10-slot VXA2 Autoloader (1U) and
    > was wondering about reliability. Fitting a 10-slot mechanical
    > tape management system into a 1U rack space sounds very complex
    > and prone to reliability problems. Anyone have any comments
    > and/or stories about these devices, either positive or negative?

    They work well for me, althouhg I'm not a typical user (development work
    only). I have a number of them here, some several years old.

    Rob

+ Reply to Thread