Rodrick,

I would at least entertain a system design from McDATA and Cisco. Have
them give you an ROI pitch on their products as well. Consider the
roadmaps of all 3 companies and compare that to your needs. I am
surprised that you have had problems with your Hitachi. Are these drive
failures or are your controllers dying on you as well?

The system you have proposed is very expensive and warrants a look to
the other vendors. I'm not anti Brocade but I think Cisco and McDATA
have systems/features/roadmaps worth considering.

What applications are requiring block based storage? Have you
considered any iSCSI systems for your SAN?

Rob