Storagetek Disk Array - Storage

This is a discussion on Storagetek Disk Array - Storage ; Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a Storagetek Fibre Disk Array for a good price. It may be just the thing we need, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on it. I looked all over and ...

  1. Storagetek Disk Array

    Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a Storagetek Fibre Disk Array
    for a good price. It may be just the thing we need, but I'm having a
    hard time finding any information on it. I looked all over and didn't
    find a model number that seems correct, so, I thought maybe someone
    would recognize it and be able to tell me what model or even series it
    may be. It was manufactured around '99 or '00. It contains (40) 36GB
    Fibre drives.

    http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._1_800x600.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._2_800x600.jpg

  2. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    Uzytkownik "a_ron" napisal w wiadomosci
    news:1132268642.119206.295130@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a Storagetek Fibre Disk Array
    > for a good price. It may be just the thing we need, but I'm having a
    > hard time finding any information on it. I looked all over and didn't
    > find a model number that seems correct, so, I thought maybe someone
    > would recognize it and be able to tell me what model or even series it
    > may be. It was manufactured around '99 or '00. It contains (40) 36GB
    > Fibre drives.
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._1_800x600.jpg
    > http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._2_800x600.jpg
    >

    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    If I am not wrong it could be STK 9176.

    Piotr

  3. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    On 17 Nov 2005 15:04:02 -0800, "a_ron" wrote:

    >Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a Storagetek Fibre Disk Array
    >for a good price.

    [..snip..]
    >I thought maybe someone
    >would recognize it and be able to tell me what model or even series it
    >may be.
    >http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._1_800x600.jpg

    Looks like it could be a StorageTek 9153 array. Don't know much about
    them though...

    HVB.

  4. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    I think 9153 is correct...I just pulled the exact same controller
    out of an Amdahl Spectris disk array. STK didn't make this
    equipment. LSI Logic I think.
    I'll see if I can find any of my early STK disk array books
    and send via email.

    Tim

  5. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    I correct myself!
    This is an STK 9153, made by MetaStor.
    Books on the way.

    Tim

  6. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    Wow, thanks everyone! Especially you Tim. Now I can did into it a bit
    more and make sure it will work for what I need.

    Regards, Aron

  7. Re: Storagetek Disk Array

    Hello All,

    Thanks again to everyone who helped me to identify this STK unit.
    Turns out though that my clients needs have changed and now they do not
    need this storage array. So, I thought I would see if anyone here may
    be interested in purchasing it. The folks we got if from told us it is
    in fine working order. Thanks again.

    Regards, Aron

    a_ron wrote:
    > Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a Storagetek Fibre Disk Array
    > for a good price. It may be just the thing we need, but I'm having a
    > hard time finding any information on it. I looked all over and didn't
    > find a model number that seems correct, so, I thought maybe someone
    > would recognize it and be able to tell me what model or even series it
    > may be. It was manufactured around '99 or '00. It contains (40) 36GB
    > Fibre drives.
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._1_800x600.jpg
    > http://home.comcast.net/~aron_j/stor..._2_800x600.jpg
    >

    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread