SAN information and comparisons - Storage

This is a discussion on SAN information and comparisons - Storage ; I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP EVA 4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some comparisons of at least two of them but haven't really found ...

  1. SAN information and comparisons

    I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP EVA
    4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some comparisons
    of at least two of them but haven't really found anything worthwhile. Does
    anyone have a link or links to some info that would help in my decision?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: SAN information and comparisons

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:15:06 -0500, "Harkin"
    wrote:

    >I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP EVA
    >4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some comparisons
    >of at least two of them but haven't really found anything worthwhile. Does
    >anyone have a link or links to some info that would help in my decision?
    >Thanks in advance.

    I would think that you could easily make your own comparisons from
    vendor specs on their web pages.

    ~F

  3. Re: SAN information and comparisons

    Does anyone in this group have one of the mentioned solutions currently in
    use?

    "Harkin" wrote in message
    >I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP
    >EVA 4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some
    >comparisons of at least two of them but haven't really found anything
    >worthwhile. Does anyone have a link or links to some info that would help
    >in my decision? Thanks in advance.

  4. Re: SAN information and comparisons

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:30:19 -0500, "Harkin"
    wrote:

    >Does anyone in this group have one of the mentioned solutions currently in
    >use?
    >
    >"Harkin" wrote in message
    >>I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP
    >>EVA 4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some
    >>comparisons of at least two of them but haven't really found anything
    >>worthwhile. Does anyone have a link or links to some info that would help
    >>in my decision? Thanks in advance.

    Previously a Magnitude but that was a while ago.

    ~F

  5. Re: SAN information and comparisons

    Faeandar wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:30:19 -0500, "Harkin"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone in this group have one of the mentioned solutions currently in
    > >use?
    > >
    > >"Harkin" wrote in message
    > >>I am trying to decide between a XIOtech Magnitude 3D, IBM DS4300, and HP
    > >>EVA 4000 SAN. I have scoured the web trying to find a site with some
    > >>comparisons of at least two of them but haven't really found anything
    > >>worthwhile. Does anyone have a link or links to some info that would help
    > >>in my decision? Thanks in advance.

    > Previously a Magnitude but that was a while ago.
    >
    > ~F

    I would look at the clariion CX500 or the Netapp 3020. They are much
    more reliable and also out perform the two models that you are looking
    at.

+ Reply to Thread