NAS Solution That Can AutoPower Devices - Storage

This is a discussion on NAS Solution That Can AutoPower Devices - Storage ; I'm looking for a NAS solution that can power drives off and on based on when they are required. The application in question is a disk to disk backup (backup to the NAS) and the amount of storage is 30 ...

  1. NAS Solution That Can AutoPower Devices

    I'm looking for a NAS solution that can power drives off and on based on
    when they are required. The application in question is a disk to disk
    backup (backup to the NAS) and the amount of storage is 30 TB growing to 120
    TB. The end user wants to be able to save monthly operation costs by
    having the NAS automatically turn off power to drives or arrays that are not
    in active use within some timeout period.

    Are there any good options?

    --
    Will
    westes AT earthbroadcast.com

  2. Re: NAS Solution That Can AutoPower Devices

    Hi.

    Have you looked at the "MAID" systems (Massive Array of Idle Disks)
    from http://www.copansys.com/ ?

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread