Software RAID 1 for Windows - Storage

This is a discussion on Software RAID 1 for Windows - Storage ; Does anyone make a low cost software RAID-1 solution for Windows XP? This is of course included in Windows 2000 and 2003 server as part of the Disk Management tools. I'm aware of Veritas StorageFoundation, which is both high end ...

  1. Software RAID 1 for Windows

    Does anyone make a low cost software RAID-1 solution for Windows XP?
    This is of course included in Windows 2000 and 2003 server as part of the
    Disk Management tools. I'm aware of Veritas StorageFoundation, which is
    both high end and expensive.

    --
    Will
    westes AT earthbroadcast.com

  2. Re: Software RAID 1 for Windows

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:33:31 -0700, "Will"
    wrote:

    >Does anyone make a low cost software RAID-1 solution for Windows XP?
    >This is of course included in Windows 2000 and 2003 server as part of the
    >Disk Management tools. I'm aware of Veritas StorageFoundation, which is
    >both high end and expensive.

    I think this should do the trick
    http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/.../raid5-01.html

    Otherwise a low-cost hardware solution may make some sense for
    consideration.

+ Reply to Thread