still asking about appiq - Storage

This is a discussion on still asking about appiq - Storage ; still asking to see if anyone has appiq. doesn't seem like it, but asking just the same.......

  1. still asking about appiq

    still asking to see if anyone has appiq. doesn't seem like it, but
    asking just the same....

  2. Re: still asking about appiq

    "boatgeek" wrote in message
    news:1122650882.736325.315230@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > still asking to see if anyone has appiq. doesn't seem like it, but
    > asking just the same....

    You can also ask people for Hitachi HSSM, same product in OEM.

    Rob

  3. Re: still asking about appiq

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:20:57 +0200, "Rob Turk"
    <_wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote:

    >"boatgeek" wrote in message
    >news:1122650882.736325.315230@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >> still asking to see if anyone has appiq. doesn't seem like it, but
    >> asking just the same....
    >>

    >You can also ask people for Hitachi HSSM, same product in OEM.
    >
    >Rob

    Well, I wouldn't even call it OEM since HDS actually purchased AppIQ.
    But the sentiment is still the same.

    ~F

  4. Re: still asking about appiq

    "Faeandar" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:20:57 +0200, "Rob Turk"
    > <_wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote:
    >

    > Well, I wouldn't even call it OEM since HDS actually purchased AppIQ.
    > But the sentiment is still the same.

    No, AppIQ is still privately held, HDS has an OEM agreement, nothing more.

    --
    Nik Simpson

  5. Re: still asking about appiq

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:51:47 -0400, "Nik Simpson"
    wrote:

    >"Faeandar" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:20:57 +0200, "Rob Turk"
    >> <_wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote:
    >>

    >> Well, I wouldn't even call it OEM since HDS actually purchased AppIQ.
    >> But the sentiment is still the same.
    >>

    >No, AppIQ is still privately held, HDS has an OEM agreement, nothing more.

    Damn HDS people! They told me they owned it. Someone's gonna get
    smacked.

    Thanks for the correction.

    ~F

  6. Re: still asking about appiq

    They practically do 'own' it. They sell HSSM, and all of the hitachi
    resellers such as SUN and HP have also abandoned their own products to
    go with hssm. Remote Console was a clumsey utility that belonged back
    in the DOS days but HP had some good wrappers that added a lot of
    functionality through OVSAN....let me post something with HSSM....

  7. Re: still asking about appiq

    Faeandar wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:51:47 -0400, "Nik Simpson"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Faeandar" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:20:57 +0200, "Rob Turk"
    >>><_wipe_me_r.turk@chello.nl> wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Well, I wouldn't even call it OEM since HDS actually purchased AppIQ.
    >>>But the sentiment is still the same.
    >>>

    >>No, AppIQ is still privately held, HDS has an OEM agreement, nothing more.

    > Damn HDS people! They told me they owned it. Someone's gonna get
    > smacked.
    >
    > Thanks for the correction.
    >
    > ~F

    Do you know the difference between a car salesman and a computer salesman?

    The car salesman knows that he is lying....

+ Reply to Thread