SAN "quota manager" - Storage

This is a discussion on SAN "quota manager" - Storage ; Hi: Iīm looking at HP OpenView Storage Area Managerīs features, and under "Storage Builder" I see that it has functionality to allow the monitoring of storage usage. I need to find out if it, or something else, allows the admin ...

  1. SAN "quota manager"

    Hi:

    Iīm looking at HP OpenView Storage Area Managerīs features, and under
    "Storage Builder" I see that it has functionality to allow the
    monitoring of storage usage. I need to find out if it, or something
    else, allows the admin to assign storage usage quotas up to directory
    level. The admin wants to define several folders in shared directories
    and let the users store "up to X GB" in a given folder and another
    amount in another folder.

    Thanks in advance,

    JP

  2. Re: SAN "quota manager"

    "JP" wrote in message
    news:1121343133.502930.315350@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Im looking at HP OpenView Storage Area Managers features, and under
    > "Storage Builder" I see that it has functionality to allow the
    > monitoring of storage usage. I need to find out if it, or something
    > else, allows the admin to assign storage usage quotas up to directory
    > level. The admin wants to define several folders in shared directories
    > and let the users store "up to X GB" in a given folder and another
    > amount in another folder.

    This is not something that can be done at the SAN level, what you need is
    some sort of Quota manager on the host. Depending on the host OS the answer
    to this question could vary from "built-in" all the way to "not available"
    and without knowing which OS you are using it's impossible to be more
    specific.

    --
    Nik Simpson

  3. Re: SAN "quota manager"

    Hi:

    The OS is Windows 2003.

    regards,

    JP

  4. Re: SAN "quota manager"

    "JP" wrote in message
    news:1121556343.354217.106300@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi:
    >
    > The OS is Windows 2003.

    In which case it's got quota management built-in, try search for "quota" in
    the Help system.

    --
    Nik Simpson

  5. Re: SAN "quota manager"

    I think W2003 has built in quota management but "shared" based. I need
    to assign quotas at folder level.

    Thanks again,

    JP

  6. Re: SAN "quota manager"

    "JP" wrote in message
    news:1121699384.636444.194500@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I think W2003 has built in quota management but "shared" based. I need
    > to assign quotas at folder level.

    Google is your friend, try a search for "windows quota management" lots of
    good links to products and product reviews.

    --
    Nik Simpson

+ Reply to Thread