Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer? - Storage

This is a discussion on Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer? - Storage ; What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer? -- __________________________________________________ ___ For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really ...

  1. Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer?

    What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner
    with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?
    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address

  2. Re: Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer?

    see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

    > What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD
    > burner with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?

    ReplayTV doesnt have firewire, it has USB and ethernet.

    In theory it should be possible to connect the USB on the
    ReplayTV to the USB on an external DVD burner, but the
    ReplayTV would need to be able to control what is put
    onto the external DVD. Not clear if it can do that. If it was
    that easy, you'd assume that they would say it can do that.

    It would likely be a lot easier to use
    a PC which has a DVD burner on it.

  3. Re: Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer?

    wrote in message
    > What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner
    > with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?

    I don't think so.

    Thus site explains how to do it with a PC and you appear to need to process
    the data on the PC before you burn it (see page 2 and the quote below)

    http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/fea...TV_to_DVD.html

    Quote: "You'll notice that the files look like standard MPEG-2 files. They
    aren't. When you try to play the file in your media player, audio will be
    out of synch. Each .mpg file contains some erroneous information you need to
    strip out in order to solve the problem."

    "First you need a program called reVue. .... ...

+ Reply to Thread