Converintg NetApp Netcache to NetApp Filer - Storage

This is a discussion on Converintg NetApp Netcache to NetApp Filer - Storage ; i was told that it is possible to convert a NetApp Netcache appliance into a Filer appliance, does anyone know about it and what process should i do inorder to make this happen? i have an old C6100 machine i ...

  1. Converintg NetApp Netcache to NetApp Filer

    i was told that it is possible to convert a NetApp Netcache appliance
    into a Filer appliance, does anyone know about it and what process
    should i do inorder to make this happen?
    i have an old C6100 machine i have no use for in my network
    and i would like to convert it into a Filer for storage purposes(im not
    interested in preformence, just storing some junk)

    any clues and/or help would be much appritiated

    Regards,
    Ronen

  2. Re: Converintg NetApp Netcache to NetApp Filer

    boot to firmware prompt (or press button under panel near floppy drive)

    > unsetenv netcache

    then boot with Data OnTAP floppies, install OnTAP, you have a filer.

    C6100's actually perform quite well as a filer - still better than a dozen
    or so of the best Wintel boxes you can get running Windoze

    "Ronen A" wrote in message
    news:1119829417.846817.101470@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > i was told that it is possible to convert a NetApp Netcache appliance
    > into a Filer appliance, does anyone know about it and what process
    > should i do inorder to make this happen?
    > i have an old C6100 machine i have no use for in my network
    > and i would like to convert it into a Filer for storage purposes(im not
    > interested in preformence, just storing some junk)
    >
    > any clues and/or help would be much appritiated
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ronen

+ Reply to Thread